This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Anyone here worked for/with Sierra Nevada Corporation? I'm have an internship lined up there for this summer. Just curious.
    i haven't but I talked to a dude at the career fair. He was utterly useless and pretty much told me to apply online.

How did you get your internship?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      i haven't but I talked to a dude at the career fair. He was utterly useless and pretty much told me to apply online.

How did you get your internship?
      My neighbor works for them and handed in my application personally, idk if that had any effect on it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

My neighbor works for them and handed in my application personally, idk if that had any effect on it.
        yeah it does. It means they may have actually looked at it.

Comment

Aren't you a first year student?

Take as much advantage of that internship as possible. Getting your foot in the door anywhere that early can be very rewarding. Even if they just have you pushing papers, act interested and talk to everyone you can. Congrats on the internship.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

^ that. Internships are the best way to get hired after graduation.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              Aren't you a first year student?
              Yeah, I was worried I might not have the qualifications for it, but it seems to be ok after calling the guy

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              Take as much advantage of that internship as possible. Getting your foot in the door anywhere that early can be very rewarding. Even if they just have you pushing papers, act interested and talk to everyone you can. Congrats on the internship.
              I plan to, it's in Centennial so it's a perfect commute for me.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I plan to, it's in Centennial so it's a perfect commute for me.
                I've seen another E30 in the parking lot! What internship did you get?
                Last edited by flying_violin; 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Is this the Eric I sold the M42 to?
                  Yes, I am. Its Erik though. :)

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  whoa 2002 M42 swap? that's awesome!!

Yeah man just check this forum for meets
                  Awesome, i havent been a member on r3v in years. glad to be back.
                  The swap should be awesome. Should have it on the road tomorrow.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Yeah a M42 02 swap would be awesome! doesn't metric mechanic make a 2.2l model as well?
                  I did not know they made a 2.2L is it specifically for the 2002?

this pic is from a couple days ago, while the Por-15 was drying. its a bit cleaner now.

Comment

by the way, Erik, I will soon have an entire M42 drivetrain available for part-out if you need anything. The M42 itself runs but burns coolant and mixes it w/ the oil bad, trans works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Did you have them order the valves or did you source and pay for them separately?
                      Ordered them directly from VAC.
                      Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Congrats on the internship, just got an offer as well. Only mine will be in Ruth, NV. Not much to do there except shoot at the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
                          I've seen another E30 in the parking lot! What internship did you get?
                          It's a summer one so I won't start until May-June, I assume, I'm not quite sure.

It's just a Mechanical Engineering Internship, probably just bitch work but that's fine with me :D

Originally posted by croz87 View Post
                          Congrats on the internship, just got an offer as well. Only mine will be in Ruth, NV. Not much to do there except shoot at the desert.
                          I live in NM right now...so I know what you mean...

Comment

Originally posted by Ludvig02 View Post
                            Yes, I am. Its Erik though. :)

Awesome, i havent been a member on r3v in years. glad to be back.
                            The swap should be awesome. Should have it on the road tomorrow.

this pic is from a couple days ago, while the Por-15 was drying. its a bit cleaner now.
                            http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...IMGP8002-1.jpg
                            Awesome, glad to see you've made some good progress with it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ludvig02 View Post

no no, just a kit to bump the M42 up a bit.
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                                Want to do some more tile work? I don't have a TR6 to trade, but cash! Trying ot find someone to lay 300 sq feet of slate in the basement....
                                I'm interested for sure. I'm up to my elbows in the TR6 project. I will have time to do next month if you want to wait that long. If not have a friend who could probably do it sooner. LMK
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X