This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    It's for my e30! Old groupe A replica exhaust is gone, and this is the foundation for the new setup. Side pipes just for you haters

Neat. I had an authentic Group A exhaust for my E36, probably one of two in the country. Brand new. Sold it and ended up with an M5... should have kept the damn exhaust.

Comment

No way? Got any pics of it? How'd you acquire it?
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        No way? Got any pics of it? How'd you acquire it?

Bought it from a guy I know who bought it from Turner when they were clearing out their warehouse. Twin ~2.75inch pipes, vbanded, HJS cats, xpipe, etc. I was impressed with the quality and lightness of it. Wish I had the opportunity to hear it before I sold it. Now sitting in some guys garage in TX.

I pulled the part numbers off the stickers that were on it, and ran them through BMW, one of those cats is $2500! System was over $10,000 new.

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post

Bought it from a guy I know who bought it from Turner when they were clearing out their warehouse. Twin ~2.75inch pipes, vbanded, HJS cats, xpipe, etc. I was impressed with the quality and lightness of it. Wish I had the opportunity to hear it before I sold it. Now sitting in some guys garage in TX.

I pulled the part numbers off the stickers that were on it, and ran them through BMW, one of those cats is $2500! System was over $10,000 new.
            $10,000 exhaust?! Why?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              $10,000 exhaust?! Why?
              Cause someone was willing to pay $10,000.
              Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                Cause someone was willing to pay $10,000.
                sadly, this may be true, some people are either rich enough or stupid enough to pay $10k for an E36 exhaust system. They are out there!

Speaking of which, I am trying to sell an extra harmonic damper from an M60B40, ~200k miles on it. $5300 firm.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  sadly, this may be true, some people are either rich enough or stupid enough to pay $10k for an E36 exhaust system. They are out there!

Speaking of which, I am trying to sell an extra harmonic damper from an M60B40, ~200k miles on it. $5300 firm.
                  If you think $10k is bad, you should just peruse the entire Group A catalog sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    If you think $10k is bad, you should just peruse the entire Group A catalog sometime.
                    What exactly is Group A? I've always been under the impression is was factory design parts for their race cars? Am I way off?
                    Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                      What exactly is Group A? I've always been under the impression is was factory design parts for their race cars? Am I way off?
                      Essentially, some of it was rebranded stuff too though.

Google "e36 group a catalog" and click the first result, should be a .pdf with tons of part numers for goodies. Then you just have to find the right people to ask how much they cost.

Comment

It's a racing class by the FIA that is more production based than the crazier group b stuff.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

FWIW, that entire exhaust is made of Inconel. Hence the high cost.

Baller set up for sure, kinda wish you still had it haha.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            FWIW, that entire exhaust is made of Inconel. Hence the high cost.

Baller set up for sure, kinda wish you still had it haha.
                            That explains it.

......And WTF, that is insane that it's made from Inconel!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                              That explains it.

......And WTF, that is insane that it's made from Inconel!
                              Quality stuff though, must have been a bitch to make.

Comment

And after many moons, the once dead, emerges from the shadows...

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X