This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Yeah, but they won't be ready until this summer sometime. I had these RS's in boxes, just needed a few difference barrels. I do want a set of eddy's wheels though, the concave 17's look great!

They are 275/40/17 conti's (hoosiers)... I hope I can get enough heat into them!
    Yea, free > $. I want those tires......

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Those wheels are so freaking sexy...
    No kidding. 17x9.5 concaves look so good on an e36.

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Yea, free > $. I want those tires......

No kidding. 17x9.5 concaves look so good on an e36.

Indeed. I love this photo (yeah yeah, they are 18's but it's still the best).

ok, I love both of these photo's

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

So for this summer I am looking at getting a new car that not only gets better gas mileage but, is rwd. I am seriously considering a NA Miata. I know they have very little power but, I am interested in learning how to drive a car faster, not necessarily go faster. Plus they get good gas mileage compared to my ix, which also needs tons of money to be reliable. Is this a good car for my goals?

I don't care if some people think they are gay cars, so you can leave that part of your opinion out.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          So for this summer I am looking at getting a new car that not only gets better gas mileage but, is rwd. I am seriously considering a NA Miata. I know they have very little power but, I am interested in learning how to drive a car faster, not necessarily go faster. Plus they get good gas mileage compared to my ix, which also needs tons of money to be reliable. Is this a good car for my goals?

I don't care if some people think they are gay cars, so you can leave that part of your opinion out.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Go for a first gen, those things are awesome fun!
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Solid and fun car.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Spending the money on making your car reliable and just keeping one car will save more money than buying and maintaining a miata.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Spending the money on making your car reliable and just keeping one car will save more money than buying and maintaining a miata.
                  In order to do that, it will cost more than we paid for the price of my car originally. As far as I have seen, you can pick up maintained miatas for pretty cheap.

Also, it would be a first-gen.

Comment

In order to do that, it will cost more than we paid for the price of my car originally. As far as I have seen, you can pick up maintained miatas for pretty cheap.
                    Not sure what you paid for the car, so that information is currently irrelevant to me. And it takes like $1000 to make an E30 reliable, if even... miatas are usually much more expensive than that.

It's still probably going to be cheaper just to stay consolidated to one car unless miatas get 50mpg and don't use consumables such as tires, brakes, and oil.

Purchasing a miata also doesn't fix the fact that you have an unreliable E30.

If you want a reliable car, I'll trade you my volvo 240 for your E30, straight up.

32mpg, RWD, and it's pretty much indestructible.

Comment

Not sure what you paid for the car, so that information is currently irrelevant to me. And it takes like $1000 to make an E30 reliable, if even... miatas are usually much more expensive than that.

It's still probably going to be cheaper just to stay consolidated to one car unless miatas get 50mpg and don't use consumables such as tires, brakes, and oil.

Purchasing a miata also doesn't fix the fact that you have an unreliable E30.

If you want a reliable car, I'll trade you my volvo 240 for your E30, straight up.

32mpg, and it's pretty much indestructible.
                      Blown t-case, axles are on there way out, needs everything suspension wise done, and plenty of other things. I am working with an ix.

Comment

Blown t-case, axles are on there way out, needs everything suspension wise done, and plenty of other things. I am working with an ix.
                        You need a volvo.

Comment

You need a volvo.
                          I don't want a Volvo :p

Comment

I don't want a Volvo :p
                            hater. :puppy:

Comment

We all need Volvos.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

hater. :puppy:
                                Volvo's aren't bad. My parents have one, I just don't really want one.

Comment

Working...
                                X