Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo... He broke all that junk from hitting the ledge with the balloons, or from his shut being tangled and hitting the ground at the end of his flight?
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Soooo... He broke all that junk from hitting the ledge with the balloons, or from his shut being tangled and hitting the ground at the end of his flight?
      Probably a combo of both. Regardless that guy's balls are almost as big as Alex Honnold's.
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

also, this dude ain't kidding when he is trying to tell you that the dang sidewalk is freaking CLOSED.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
          Well, I have to say, I can't believe this had not already been snagged but I am glad I got it.

I can't believe that wasn't taken either. I didn't even think about it. I was thinking S54 368 for the M Coupe, but never investigated it. Well played sir, well played!

More pics of the car please. It looks F'ing clean!

The fact that Jeb is still alive is pretty amazing. An impact like that plus the chute issues so low. I wonder if his landing without a chute in Vegas is still on.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

anybody have a spare adjustable sway bar rod, or non adjustable. Mine Ireland engineering one just broke... surprise surprise.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

well, got my rally E30 back on the road, now with M20.

A few observations:

1. It's loud
              2. I have moderately more power and torque
              3. People look at me funny when I pull into a gas station with no hood
              4. It's loud

Comment

Car ran fantastic, new suspension is awesome. I. love. autocrossing. I hope to see some of you guys out there this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post

A few observations:

1. It's loud
                  4. It's loud
                  Isn't it fun?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

A few observations:

1. It's loud
                    4. It's loud
                    severly jealous you got yours on the road before mine...
                    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Straight pipes is not more bettars.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
                        Car ran fantastic, new suspension is awesome. I. love. autocrossing. I hope to see some of you guys out there this summer.
                        Try a track day, you will never look back at autocrossing.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Isn't it fun?
                        It is. I thought the gas station attendant was going to call the cops on me, the way he kept staring with a half concerned, half scared look. It doesn't help when my car is super loud, has no hood, no front plate, no interior, and I jump out covered in grease.

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                        severly jealous you got yours on the road before mine...
                        Do work man!! rwd E30s are 100x easier to work on than awd E30s.

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        Straight pipes is not more bettars.
                        right, my end goal is a muffler with baffles, exiting before the rear tire. Also a resonator of some sort.

Comment

Your right a track day is better. At this point it is all about seat time and autocross seems to be the best outlet for me. It helps that the car could be competitive locally. Hopefully I can work my way into a couple of driving schools and track days

Comment

right, my end goal is a muffler with baffles, exiting before the rear tire. Also a resonator of some sort.
                            Here's what I'd do. Keep the full length exhaust since side exits look dumb and cut ground clearance. Run a good resonator and a straight through muffler (magnaflow makes decent parts). Then you'll have your loud but without having to hack anything up.

Alternatively, just run stock M20 exhaust, since the stock exhaust is not a bottleneck on a stock M20. You miiiight gain 5hp or so on the top end by going custom but you'd assuredly lose torque. Lots of guys here have gone custom for weight savings but they've rarely made any more power than stock. You would need a BUILT M20 to even remotely see gains from the exhaust. Personally, I don't think the extra super super top end power (<5hp) is worth the expense of custom, the noise, the significant loss of torque, or the smell.

On my E30 I had cat-delete pipes to an aftermarket higher-flow muffler. It made a tiny bit more top end power but lost SOOOO much torque I hated it. I swapped a stock cat section on the car for emissions and the car was instantly more drivable, way more torquey, and lost so little top end power (<5hp) that I was incredibly happy. Smelled better, was a bit quieter, hid the massive blue smoke cloud (not your problem), etc....it was faster and drove better with stock cats and an aftermarket catback. WAY better.

Best mod you can do for an M20 power-wise is the Miller MAF/WAR chip combo. It derestricts the intake tract by deleting the barn door AFM and lets you tune the engine yourself. That would make a much bigger difference in power/torque (+15hp/tq everywhere if their dyno is believed) than the exhaust. If you can't flow air IN the engine (AFM) then having a free flowing exit to pull air OUT of the engine is pretty pointless.

My 2 cents.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              Best mod you can do for an M20 power-wise is the Miller MAF/WAR chip combo. It derestricts the intake tract by deleting the barn door AFM and lets you tune the engine yourself. That would make a much bigger difference in power/torque (+15hp/tq everywhere if their dyno is believed) than the exhaust. If you can't flow air IN the engine (AFM) then having a free flowing exit to pull air OUT of the engine is pretty pointless.

My 2 cents.
                              Ive heard mixed reviews on Millers customers service. Some people say they are great, some say they can't tune their $400 chip because the WAR room was down. I was intrigued by the WAR chip but after realizing you can't tune it yourself with a program it becomes worthless if you do any modifcations that don't have a tune. For the slight gains, the pricetag on the war chip is not wort the risk of not having a tune in my opinion. I think there are more resources for the WAR in 24v applications.
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                                Some people say they are great, some say they can't tune their $400 chip because the WAR room was down.
                                The WAR Room doesn't exist anymore, but isn't necessary to tune a chip. So that's false.

I was intrigued by the WAR chip but after realizing you can't tune it yourself with a program it becomes worthless if you do any modifcations that don't have a tune.
                                This makes no sense? You can tune it yourself any time, if you know how to tune. If you don't, you need to have it done by someone who does. Pretty simple.

For the slight gains, the pricetag on the war chip is not wort the risk of not having a tune in my opinion. I think there are more resources for the WAR in 24v applications.
                                I disagree. There is no risk involved...

Comment

Working...
                                X