This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conway View Post
    Any one have recommendations on local machine shops? I usually use US Chrome, but they take forever. I'm looking to bore out the cylinders on my bike.
    Ridge Reamer or Mountain High Performance, both in Arvada, both top notch.

Comment

RTAB extractor tool

anyone have a RTAB extractor tool for rent or know where i can get one? Poly bushings came in and will be doing those as i revamp the rear suspension, and brakes on my '95 M3.
      thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
        anyone have a RTAB extractor tool for rent or know where i can get one? Poly bushings came in and will be doing those as i revamp the rear suspension, and brakes on my '95 M3.
        thanks in advance
        I have a RTAB tool : http://denver.craigslist.org/search/...tal&srchType=A

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
        Your ≠ you are
        You`re ≠ your

Comment

Originally posted by boriksh View Post
          orrrrrr....

Comment

Originally posted by boriksh View Post
            Boriksh, you got a deal. I'll hit you up when I'm ready. Should be in the next two weeks if the other projects go as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
              Boriksh, you got a deal. I'll hit you up when I'm ready. Should be in the next two weeks if the other projects go as planned.
              Sounds good, let me know when you are ready.

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
              Your ≠ you are
              You`re ≠ your

Comment

so.... anyone ever heard of a 30mm deep socket? Because I need one to remove the output flange on my grenaded G260.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  so.... anyone ever heard of a 30mm deep socket? Because I need one to remove the output flange on my grenaded G260.
                  Official website for CRAFTSMAN®. Explore power tools, outdoor equipment, hand tools, storage products and more.

BAM

They didn't have any deep non-impact sockets though.....other brands probably do.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You want the impact socket anyways. I hear the non-impact ones are too thick to fit.

Also. I finally drove the E30 for pretty much the first time in 7 months. Thanks Roland for getting the M3 rack put in. Having quicker, powered, actually working, power steering is such a good feeling. It is weird driving an E30 again. It feels so 'mechanical'? More then I remembered. Overall I am happy. Now it just needs some heavy detail work...and a S52 :)
                    Last edited by blefevre; 05-18-2012, 07:36 AM.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

^^ I think what you mean is the NON-impact socket has thinner walls, and will work better. Also McMaster has one for $15, but before I sink the cash, does anyone have one I could just borrow?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        ^^ I think what you mean is the NON-impact socket has thinner walls, and will work better. Also McMaster has one for $15, but before I sink the cash, does anyone have one I could just borrow?
                        I guess what I was reading is that people grind down the impacts. I'm guessing they do that because it's cheaper to find a 32mm impact and grind it then buying a thin wall 32mm.

Either way...you need it to be thin wall.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Search in the technical section. There is a GM starter nut removal socket that fits perfectly. You can get it at Advanced Auto for $15. Or you can borrow mine.
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

^^ I should borrow yours. When will you be up north? If you fly over, you should drop it somewhere near my house.

Comment

This just in! Rally maniac dead due to falling socket. Origin of socket is still unknown, however, investigations are still under way.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Anyone going to check out the Volkswagens on the Green tomorrow at the JeffCo Fair Grounds?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X