This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    I saw a Lamborghini Aventador at the Napa Auto Parts in Louisville. WTF?
    The orange one?
    89 325i (Sold)
    95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
    2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

i saw an BMW 116d yesterday.

and an E60 520d, a 630i (the new 6er), and a lot of E90/2 320d's.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        Motorcycle time. Anyone have any experience/suggestions. I am looking for a 70's bike in the 350-500cc range that I can ride this summer then turn into a track/mountain toy over the winter. Currently looking for Honda CB350/450 and Yamaha RD350 2 stroke. I'm still learning a bunch so if you have knowledge in cheap bikes that have a good aftermarket let me know!
        Those old honda bikes are excellent. The CB750 from that period is in my top 10 bikes of ALL TIME. It is awesome. 350-500cc on those old bikes is pretty small and they don't make as much power as a modern 350-500. In my experience, bigger motors are way better, especially in older bikes. I've seen 750s from the 70s on craigslist for between about $600 and $1500 for the ones in better shape. With an old bike definitely make sure to replace absolutely every rubber component or they will fail. Ask me how I know.

I currently ride a shadow aero 750 and it's a great bike, but its a cruiser and not a mid-bike like the old ones you're looking at. It has plenty of power, it just needs a better highway gear. Also be sure to jet your carbs for the altitude as it makes a 100% difference in how the bike performs.

Another great bike is the suzuki t500 from that era. Look it up, they are great. I've ridden the honda cb750 and the suzuki t500 and they are nearly identical for ride quality/handling but the lower powered suzuki is a bit slower, albiet also cheaper and it may have a better parts market since they made a bazillion of them....

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          they're all over the place over there. do want. :puppy:

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post

and an E60 520d, a 630i (the new 6er), and a lot of E90/2 320d's.
            You must not be in America then. 3door 118d is a fantastic car.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              You must not be in America then. 3door 118d is a fantastic car.
              nope. UK for work training. It still makes me mad as to why these cars never come to the US.

Comment

Saw three Ferrari today spread out though the day and location. 355, 458, and 348. A fun day!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Yeah the orange one. 118d FTW! I want one more than the Lambo!
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

The 116/118 are all over Mexico, saw lotsof them when I was over there.. awesome!!
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Motorcycle time. Anyone have any experience/suggestions. I am looking for a 70's bike in the 350-500cc range that I can ride this summer then turn into a track/mountain toy over the winter. Currently looking for Honda CB350/450 and Yamaha RD350 2 stroke. I'm still learning a bunch so if you have knowledge in cheap bikes that have a good aftermarket let me know!
                      I rode a 77 Kawasaki 650C, bought new, for many years, at the time CB750's were no match. Can be found in decent shape for $1000 or so. Like any thing else get it ckd out 1st. Lots of parts available.

Comment

I'm selling a 73 cl350, sent you a pm. This is my baby, but it's time for a liter bike or turbo.
                        Last edited by conway; 06-23-2012, 06:04 AM.
                        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                          I'm selling a 73 cl350, sent you a pm. This is my baby, but it's time for a liter bike or turbo.
                          Do want. :puppy:

Comment

Saw a red m3 on Arapahoe tonight, looked like some hairy Sasquatch was behind the wheel..:giggle::giggle::giggle:
                            Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                              Saw a red m3 on Arapahoe tonight, looked like some hairy Sasquatch was behind the wheel..:giggle::giggle::giggle:
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Saw Roland at work today,who would of know we work so close?

Comment

Working...
                                X