Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard this year was a shitshow... but damn.

Glad Val is ok, can't wait to see what his next project is (hopefully something a bit less nose-heavy).

You guys keep saying that Dallenbach walked away, but I'm pretty sure he got trucked away in the amberlamps, no?

Only reason why the mountain was paved is because of the Sierra Club douchers who wanted to save trees... I kinda wish that wildfire had knocked out all of Pikes peak just to prove a point... There was never a problem with the road being gravel until the lawsuit.

Comment

I think he got extracted from the cockpit but he had no serious injuries; was posting on twitter not long after.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        I think he got extracted from the cockpit but he had no serious injuries; was posting on twitter not long after.
        Posted on twitter after being loaded into the ambulance, and then flight for life....

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Posted on twitter after being loaded into the ambulance, and then flight for life....
          Well, think about it. Everyone who is in a crash gets flight for life'd if there's any doubt to their condition (internal injuries, etc). It's not like you can run the ambulance down the hill fast enough....
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Last edited by conway; 08-13-2012, 12:47 PM.
            Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Well, think about it. Everyone who is in a crash gets flight for life'd if there's any doubt to their condition (internal injuries, etc). It's not like you can run the ambulance down the hill fast enough....
              True I guess, but this is my definition of "walking away."

Element Tuning Time Attack STi 148 MPH Crash at VIR after rear wing broke off.

Comment

Fair point.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Heard this year was a shitshow... but damn.
                  It was pretty bad this year. I probably won't go next year unless they get better organization or simply more crew members. I understand it's hard work, but that's no excuse for not improving the operations. Even with a lot of accidents it shouldn't be an 11 hour race.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    It was pretty bad this year. I probably won't go next year unless they get better organization or simply more crew members. I understand it's hard work, but that's no excuse for not improving the operations. Even with a lot of accidents it shouldn't be an 11 hour race.
                    Were the safety and emergency crews at least less incompetent than last year?

I remember them taking ages to see if Regester was OK in his Devil's Playground off.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Were the safety and emergency crews at least less incompetent than last year?

I remember them taking ages to see if Regester was OK in his Devil's Playground off.
                      There was no communication. More or less they would count the cars coming to the top and if someone had an off they would finally notice it didn't show up. Then they would look for it, red flag, clear course, etc. If the crash happened to be near one of the very few flaggers it would get reported right away, but they only had communication at very few places. They also didn't have many designated tow locations so they would simply have a local tow company go get the car and bring it up or down if it needed to be moved instead of having many tow trucks along the route with many parking locations. If you are going to plan a 12+ mile hill climb with one road you really can't have your tow trucks sitting at the top and bottom.

As said before. At one point they said "We lost 3 cars". If you lose cars on your racecourse then that should be a red flag to your organization that you are doing it wrong. You should always know where the cars are and you should have a plan in place to help those cars ASAP if something goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                        There was no communication. More or less they would count the cars coming to the top and if someone had an off they would finally notice it didn't show up. Then they would look for it, red flag, clear course, etc. If the crash happened to be near one of the very few flaggers it would get reported right away, but they only had communication at very few places. They also didn't have many designated tow locations so they would simply have a local tow company go get the car and bring it up or down if it needed to be moved instead of having many tow trucks along the route with many parking locations. If you are going to plan a 12+ mile hill climb with one road you really can't have your tow trucks sitting at the top and bottom.

As said before. At one point they said "We lost 3 cars". If you lose cars on your racecourse then that should be a red flag to your organization that you are doing it wrong. You should always know where the cars are and you should have a plan in place to help those cars ASAP if something goes wrong.
                        For the first time on the internet, I have no words.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          What happened to the one in Albuquerque? Seemed like a nice, enthusiast owned E30...
                          Haha well it was a little to $$$ go down to Albuquerque and probably stay somewhere for a night and come back up. We would also rent a car for some reason blah. And he is asking 4 and all I have is 4 so... I need a job!
                          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                          BMW

Comment

The PPIHC management committee has really gone to shit lately. This year especially. Took them forever to postpone the race in the first place, which is what they should have done the second that fire got larger.

Comment

Has there been any meets anyone has tried to put together lately?
                              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                              BMW

Comment

Oh hai

Also

This is what I want to do

Comment

Working...
                                X