Before would be ideal, but for some reason I am completely broke
    I know exactly what you mean!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Hey! Me too!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        HPR winter days start at the end of october don't they? That will save some money. I am planning on going once they are on the weekends again.

Still haven't been to HPR. I need to get my car sorted and make it out there.
        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Hooray repaying student loans.
          89 325i (Sold)
          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
            Still haven't been to HPR. I need to get my car sorted and make it out there.
            Yes, yes you do.

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
            Hooray repaying student loans.
            Hooray wifey left her job and went back to school! Thank god the post 9/11 GI bill is being used!
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Oops finally broke something at 258k miles

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Dammit, I knew I should of bought an electric fan. My clutch fan exploded again tonight. This is the second one in like two weeks. No major damage this time, except it put some dents in my brand new radiator in put in last week. Going electric again.

Comment

I'd go with the oem euro diesel fan and clutch. Better flow, less explosions, less hassle than electric.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Dammit, I knew I should of bought an electric fan. My clutch fan exploded again tonight. This is the second one in like two weeks. No major damage this time, except it put some dents in my brand new radiator in put in last week. Going electric again.
                    Check your motor mounts. The fan failing is a symptom, not a problem on it's own.
                    Chris
                    97 M3
                    01 325
                    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                      Check your motor mounts. The fan failing is a symptom, not a problem on it's own.
                      You replaced them when you did my clutch.

I have a couple ideas what caused both failures, regardless i'm just going back to an electric fan to save future headaches.
                      Did you ever install my Spal fan I sold you Dave?
                      Last edited by conway; 09-12-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

You replaced them when you did my clutch.

I have a couple ideas what caused both failures, regardless i'm just going back to an electric fan to save future headaches.
                        Did you ever install my Spal fan I sold you Dave?
                        def do electric. You can chase down whatever caused your fan explosion in the first place once you aren't worried about the fan actually exploding any more. Could also be a bad water pump bearing or something which causes vibrations which causes fan blade fatigue etc

Comment

I did install it, it works great. Guys have done the data logging though to show that the oem fan (and esp the euro diesel) flows more air-- search bfc.

For the amount of load it puts on the alternator I'm sure there is zero power gain.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            HPR winter days start at the end of october don't they? That will save some money. I am planning on going once they are on the weekends again.
                            There is an open lapping day on 11/3. I'd be keen to do that one.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              I did install it, it works great. Guys have done the data logging though to show that the oem fan (and esp the euro diesel) flows more air-- search bfc.

For the amount of load it puts on the alternator I'm sure there is zero power gain.
                              just my own observations, but it seems a mechanical fan can def flow more air if the clutch is "engaged" and the engine is in high rpms, those huge blades going that fast may even propel the car forward.

BUT, an electric fan can provide that needed flow on hot days when you are parked in traffic, and your mechanical fan at an idle just isn't cutting it.

The pusher I have on my E30 pushes so much air that it actually starts to spin the mechanical fan on the other side of the radiator (with the engine off of course). 16" AC pusher from an E32... best bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post

That thing sounds like an air raid siren when it kicks in and it makes the motor stumble from the loan on the alternator. lol
                                89 325i (Sold)
                                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X