This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    Seems to be to your disadvantage on all forums lately.

He's looking for a complete car that hasn't been accidentalled.
    Clean usually implies not rear ended LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
      Cars from the midwest are almost never clean...
      Florida is the worst.

Comment

I looked at one yesterday, drove alright but it was a New York car and had some some rust on the rear doors and rear fenders. I am guessing patience is a virtue when it comes down to finding the right E36.

Comment

so what's making you want an E36 anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            For the money, you can't buy a better car.

Comment

There are a bunch of S52 powered M Coupes in super clean E36 M3 price ranges. Might be worth considering...

M Coupe Buyers Guide is envisioned as a way for car enthusiasts to help other enthusiasts find their perfect BMW M Coupe
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                There are a bunch of S52 powered M Coupes in super clean E36 M3 price ranges. Might be worth considering...

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listings/
                I vant one

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listings/
                  Wow, there are some super cheap ones for sale right now. Last time I looked all of them were 20k+.
                  Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    More comfortable, more torque, better handling, more modern, over all much more capable, the engine shouldn't spring a new leak every time I drive it. I just feel like something new. The e30 will probably be parted out after another season of autocrossing it. Then I will get some goodies on the E36. Just have to find the right one...

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
                      More comfortable, more torque, better handling, more modern, over all much more capable, the engine shouldn't spring a new leak every time I drive it. I just feel like something new. The e30 will probably be parted out after another season of autocrossing it. Then I will get some goodies on the E36. Just have to find the right one...
                      I feel a good "you know you drive an E30 when..." joke coming on.

namely, You know you drive an E30 when you consider an E36 a "newer car". ;)

Also, why are you parting your car? why not sell it whole?

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                        I vant one
                        Originally posted by conway View Post
                        Wow, there are some super cheap ones for sale right now. Last time I looked all of them were 20k+.
                        Do it! Now is the time.

I was talking Jon about it last month. There is probably no more informed expert on E36/8 values. He thinks it's a short term anomaly due to the fall and people selling their cars. Ironically, it might be to the economy improving. A few long timers on the forums are selling to move into higher-end cars like 993 and 996's. Then there's another population that did that, regretted it, and want to get back into a E36/8. Either way, it's the best time to buy an S52 in months and it probably won't last. S52 values have been edging up over the past 15 months, even M Roasters. S54 values have gone up 2-4K in the last 24 months. Even at over 40,000 miles I could sell my S54 for quite a bit more than I paid for it. But at about 50,000 miles the S54 premium seems to drop off. I'm not planning on selling it, but I think my value will have peaked within the next year or so as the miles inch up. Like Mike Miller says, the only value that matters is what you get when the sale is done.

That red S52 with under 100K miles about half way down the list could probably be had for $12K. The seller doesn't seem to know what he has, which is both good and bad. The E36 M3 has a more advanced suspension and would be much better to live with on a daily basis, but the M Coupe just has such a better driving experience IMO. It's aged really well too. People still come up to me and ask me if it's a brand new model!
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I had no idea the market was going down on the S52 coupes. This must have just happened or maybe I was looking in the wrong place. We wanted to buy one instead of the Mazda we ended up with, but they all were 20k+.

E30 M3's also seem to be on a slight decline too. Fewer are asking 25-30k for pristine examples.

On the other hand. Porsche 911 2.2's are sky rocketing, which is making me sad.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            I had no idea the market was going down on the S52 coupes. This must have just happened...

E30 M3's also seem to be on a slight decline too. Fewer are asking 25-30k for pristine examples.
                            agree & agree.

E28 M5 for trade :puppy:
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              E28 M5 for trade :puppy:
                              Wait...yours?? Why?????

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                Wait...yours?? Why?????
                                Because E28.

Comment

Working...
                                X