This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like these things

Also, what are y'alls thoughts on dunlop DZ101's as a starting tire to do a few track days on? I want to try a track day this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      http://fifteen52.us/shop-2/#ecwid:ca...roduct=2675118

Also, what are y'alls thoughts on dunlop DZ101's as a starting tire to do a few track days on? I want to try a track day this winter.
      I like those too, but they are too expensive for winter wheels. The Nuespeeds are reasonable for direct fit, rotary forged wheels.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

They are, I like that design a little better, the ones you linked look pretty good though.

Comment

http://fifteen52.us/shop-2/#ecwid:ca...roduct=2675118

I don't have an opinion on the tires, but I'm shooting for HPR on the 3rd. I'll spend some time showing you my line, etc...
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

They are, I like that design a little better, the ones you linked look pretty good though.
            Yeah, sadly I don't have many options for 17" that are good quality and look decent. The RSe05's are so new I've only seen one picture of them mounted on a car. If it looks like a real winter this year I will just get them in either white or the gunmetal. Otherwise I will stick with the all seasons.

Comment

Can't beat the Kosei K1's. They're $115 a piece for 16", 13.4 lbs.
              17" are 16.8 lbs. Great way to lose some unsprung weight.
              Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

I missed the whole Coupe love pages! Stupid work.

That coupe made 6xx at the wheels on the stock motor before it popped.
                Clark, I think that coupe got rebuilt then crashed horrifically.

Lambo, that red one with BBS's in FL is awesome. I've seen it in person. Looks so good with the tint and wheels.

Eric, I too tried to buy an Estriol M Coupe in 2005, but just couldn't get the price down to a comfortable market value inflation. Glad it worked out, because I jumped on mine in January of '06. The guy listed it for $5K over blue book, when S54's were going for 10-12K over book (not that blue book meant anything for M Coupes then, NADA and maybe Kelly have amazingly fixed it since then). It was at small dealer in rural VA. I emailed him 5 mins after he listed it, sent him a deposit to hold it for a week. In that week he got offers from around the country for much more his asking price, but he held if for me that whole time. Sealed the deal and drove it home later in the spring.

More butt shots:

Having the butt so close means it's one of the few cars that you can do this.

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post

You can do this from the rear of a 4door e30...

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                    Can't beat the Kosei K1's. They're $115 a piece for 16", 13.4 lbs.
                    17" are 16.8 lbs. Great way to lose some unsprung weight.
                    This is for a Golf R. I don't think Kosei makes 17" in that fitment or at least I don't see it on tire rack. 16" wheels don't fit on the R. The neuspeeds are 17 pounds for 17x8, which is plenty good.

Comment

You can do this from the rear of a 4door e30...
                      My wheels are a bit dirty :p

1989 325i Alpine White
                      69 STX

Comment

It also doesn't work so well with clip on wheel weights.

Comment

It also doesn't work so well with clip on wheel weights.
                          Haha. Do you know this from experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            Professional Procrastinator here.
                            I vouch for this.
                            89 325i (Sold)
                            95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                            2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                              Haha. Do you know this from experience?
                              Yup, it's just annoying though, not like it cuts off fingers.

Comment

DZ101s would be fine for track use, especially for a first day. Come on out!
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X