Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

A little late to this debate, but here is my experience with owning both...

This E30

>

This E36

Sold the E36 after a few months, it just wasn't as fun to drive as the E30. The E30 had the M40 with maybe 100hp, and it was just a blast to hoon around in, again the slow/fast mentality.
      The E36 had everything cool an E36 should... Huricane cloth vaders, Schrick intake manifold, KW coilovers, Hartge rims, Remus exhaust, no sunroof, Mtech II steering wheel, HID's etc.

Also, I d e s t r o y e d my friend in his E36 318is in my old E30 M3.
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Comment

I really like that e36, I don't like the color matched trim but, it really is pretty nice looking. I have always liked the huricane cloth. How do the Vaders feel? I really like the look of them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pabst-90IX View Post
            A little off topic but whatever, anyone know of a junkyard in the denver area with any e30's/e36's or possibly anyone have any seats for sale? i need both fronts the kid i bought my car from threw in audi a4 seats that dont adjust at all and are missing seatbelts. If not as a last resort im going to be ordering some cipher racing seats, 600 for the pair shipped plus brackets. But i would much much rather have some sport seats if possible
            Hey Pabst, welcome to the Mountain section. We all saw that IX and it looked tight. Sport seats are going to hard to find locally. Your best bet would be to find a shot part (or use the original ones if you have them) and have them recovered (with heat installed). You probably get them done for a little more than the ciphers. If you are DD the car racing seats are going to get only fast. Getting in and out will wear on you.

The other option is to search the parts section on here. You can find a set of sport seats that have been done (the recline shocks go bad too, so make sure those have been replaced or are good) and greyhound ship them for about $600. It seems like the market price for good sport seats on R3V is about $400, so that gives you $200 for shipping.

In the meantime I have a set of vinyl comfort seats with seat belts you are welcome to use just so you are not rushed and are safe. They should bolt right in. They are Tan.

As far as your ride questions. I have H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks. I would not recommend this set up, especially with 17" wheels. I would recommend H&R's with regular Bilstein HD's or even better Koni's. I drove the white E30 that just sold with H&R Sports and Koni's and it was the best riding E30 for both handling and comfort I have driven. I guess you get what you pay for.

If it were me and I lived in Evergreen, I would want the extra ride height of the IX. You could go with a close to stock ride height and get some adjustable Koni's and have the best of both worlds. Keep em loose in the snow, tighten them up when you want to rally.

The other thing I would do immediately is get rid of those Mini wheels. I have 17's on my E30 and they are too big. Even though my BBS RGR's are waaaaaay lighter than the 14" bottle caps, the rotational mass of the larger wheel diameter hurts every aspect of the car, acceleration, braking, steering in. And they ride like shit. I would recommend 15" D-force for your summer wheels and 15" or 14" weaves with snows for you winter wheels. I bet you could make a bit of money back on the mini wheels and audi seats.

Let me know if you want to borrow the seats and post some pics of your car!
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by L-ucky-S-ix View Post
              I'm pretty sure there is a mental disorder that is likened to the predisposition of the idea that an E30 is greater than an E36. Now, luckily I'm not a fatalist but I will not attribute my desire to drive an E36 daily rather than an E30. I have owned both. Those who are wise will fess up and say that the E36 is a more logical choice. There isn't any slight of hand involved with explaining why a newer vehicle is better, so why be defiant and say the E30 is a better car?

"I've owned both... ta-daaaaaaa... E30 is better." Get the F*$& over yourself and your republican garbage/wanna-be-hedonism.
              I didn't realize life was only about making logical choices... I also didn't realize we weren't allowed to have opinions and only make decisions based on pure logic alone.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Comment

holy shit this is going down hill.

Comment

Don't worry. High school graduation will yield plenty of *new* achievements to be unlocked within your brain. Being nurtured by XBOX will cloud your mind like that. Until then I think your "emotional opinion" is in a developmental stage.
                    Somebody must have just started their period.

I like the E30 better, I like the way it looks and drives.

Also, I wasn't aware that every succesive generation of a car was better.

I forgot that muscle cars of the 70's were better than their predecessors.

Comment

Comment

As far as I know, no one said the E30 was a better car. Some of us just like them better.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          I really like that e36, I don't like the color matched trim but, it really is pretty nice looking. I have always liked the huricane cloth. How do the Vaders feel? I really like the look of them as well.
                          I had an E36 M3 back when lucksix was still begging mommy for triskuits that had leather vaders, and I hated them! They didn't have very good support, you slid all over the place in a corner, and there was just something wrong with the lower back area. For some reason, those huricane vaders didn't have any of those problems at all.

I wanted to swap out the trim too, but some guy offered me $2k more than I paid for the car, and the coupe didn't work well with the baby seat, so I couldn't refuse! I figured I could make about $5k off the car by swapping all the parts out and selling them to americans, but he paid me more than that, then crashed it a few months later.

Don't worry. High school graduation will yield plenty of *new* achievements to be unlocked within your brain. Being nurtured by XBOX will cloud your mind like that. Until then I think your "emotional opinion" is in a developmental stage.
                          this guy :weak:
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Huh, those are pretty neat. I have always like the way they look in an E30.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X