Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true. That kitfox had all the great attributes of a piper cub with carbon cub + performance. We got super low in the Snake River Canyon and did some practice 180 course reversals. The full span, flying ailerons had no loss of authority at speeds as low as 55 mph. 150' ground roll on dirt T/O and landings. If you guys are ever near Boise it would be worth a couple hundred bucks just to go flying with the owner. Plane is $135/hr, instruction is another $55/hr.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Someday...

The Kitfox as of now looks like the airplane I'd build if I had the space. 800 lb useful load if you build it right!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

I think my diff is fucked, weird noises are coming from the rear at low speeds and the whole car vibrates like crazy on the highway, anyone have a medium case lsd?
        Last edited by ltz Viper; 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

vibration is prob not due to the diff.

Comment

For $400, I could be persuaded to pull the 4.10 out of my car for you...

But like Sam said, have you checked the half-shafts, CV joints, and/or center support bearing first?

Alpine II 318is

Comment

You guys seen this? Split window VW Bus owning 911's and Aston Martins at Spa.

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
                For $400, I could be persuaded to pull the 4.10 out of my car for you...

But like Sam said, have you checked the half-shafts, CV joints, and/or center support bearing first?
                one of my cv boots is ripped that might be it

Comment

If your CV boot is ripped and has been for some time, the joint is probably bad.

I got two good used axles E30 for under $100 on http://car-part.com/
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                    If your CV boot is ripped and has been for some time, the joint is probably bad.

I got two good used axles E30 for under $100 on http://car-part.com/
                    thanks for the link I didn't know you could buy them for so cheap:-D

Comment

You get what you pay for. I think I might have lucked out...
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                        My car was a paint correction + opti-seal experiment to see how it behaves on single stage paint.

When I lived in my apartment I swear they used fertilizer in the sprinkler system. They also watered the parking lot more then the grass. I had a nice layer of paint eating grime that needed to come off now that I have my own place where the car is more protected. To give you an idea of how bad it was, he had to use the polisher to remove it from the windows as it even stuck to glass where chemicals wouldn't take it off. After the paint correction he touched up a few problem areas with paint and then opti-sealed it with product that I supplied. He also polished the wheels off of the car, opti-sealed them, painted brake calipers black, trim restore, rubber restore, etc. You will have to call him on price estimates as it varies from car to car. I had no wax/sealant applied because the opti-seal replaces that.
                        M3 is getting the same treatment next week. 10 years ago I would have kicked my own ass for paying someone to detail my car...now I don't have the time or patience! Hope it turns out good. Also got new toyo r888 tires ordered to mount on 16" e28 m5 wheels.

Comment

Anyone wanna buy my MK2 Jetta?

Comment

thats yours? i look at it daily debating to go look at it or not.
                            1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                            2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                            <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                              thats yours? i look at it daily debating to go look at it or not.
                              I only listed it today, how can you look at it daily?

Comment

there is another one then the exact same, red jetta 4 door on CL
                                unless if you bought the other one and are now relisting it
                                1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                                2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                                <<Flickr>>

Comment

Working...
                                X