This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
    Not sure, but I do know that the person running it stepped down recently.
    would explain why my email address for that site no longer works.

Comment

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
      Not sure, but I do know that the person running it stepped down recently.
      Well that sucks...

On some brighter news, anyone gonna go to this? Nathan told me about it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That last pic with the GT3RS was taken nowhere near that hooters.

Comment

its cause man cave is a sponsor so they are going to try and get all the local cars they detail to come out.
          1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
          2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
          <<Flickr>>

Comment

So my new throwing star rims have huge hub centers. They are 4 lug, but way larger in diameter than the E30 hubcentric rim (what ever that is called). Looks like I'll need to order some hub centric rings. Think it's dangerous to drive with them till I get a set?

Also, I went from undersized 195/60 R14's to massive 205/60 R15's. Looks like I'm rolling on 4x4's now!
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Something like this?

I don't know what size you need though.
              Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                So my new throwing star rims have huge hub centers. They are 4 lug, but way larger in diameter than the E30 hubcentric rim (what ever that is called). Looks like I'll need to order some hub centric rings. Think it's dangerous to drive with them till I get a set?

Also, I went from undersized 195/60 R14's to massive 205/60 R15's. Looks like I'm rolling on 4x4's now!

as long as you arent autox or drifting i think itll be ok. you will get wheel wobble at certain speeds though.

Ps: sick sig!!!^^
                1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                  as long as you arent autox or drifting i think itll be ok. you will get wheel wobble at certain speeds though.

Ps: sick sig!!!^^
                  Without hubcentric rings, yeah. With rings everything should be dandy.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Cool, there are a bunch of hub centric rings out there. I don't know the manufacturer of my wheels so I'll have to get the calipers out in the morning. I'll post a pic too. The 205/60's look like balloon tires. My tire calculator says 195/60 R15's will work, but I might want the extra side wall for our crappy roads.
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

My Euroweaves mounted on the mini were not hubcentric, just centered using the chamber on the lug nut.

Mount all 4 bolts on the wheel and slowly turn them until one starts to center, then move on to the next one. slowly tighten them all and you should be good to go! i had no vibes on the mini all the way ipod yo its vmax.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I basically did that. I haven't torqued them yet though. I'll back out the nuts and be more meticulous tomorrow morning.

I'm tripping on keeping the 205/60 R15's or returning them for 195/65 R15's. The 205's are huge, especially in Michelin's sizing. 195's will look more correct, but I'd have to dismount, order, and exchange. And I've already done it once! Hmmm...
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I basically did that. I haven't torqued them yet though. I'll back out the nuts and be more meticulous tomorrow morning.

I'm tripping on keeping the 205/60 R15's or returning them for 195/65 R15's. The 205's are huge, especially in Michelin's sizing. 195's will look more correct, but I'd have to dismount, order, and exchange. And I've already done it once! Hmmm...
                          Why not 205/55's? That's the size that came on euro and ix weaves. Plus, it would be closer to stock diameter.

Comment

Had to use my costco rebate. They couldn't get 205/55's. :-(
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

They are huge. Gonna try 195/65's grrr.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Got the opportunity to shoot some amazing stuff with my less invasive quad copter this week - wing suiting, 5.14 climbing, and hang gliding.

Here's a cut from the bike park in Missoula.

I was finally able to watch this! Pretty rad!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X