Clear All

Go for it bud, you'll love the e36 m3 and then turbo e30
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Yep, E36 M3 is a great choice.

On a related topic. Has anyone owned an E90? Or any N52 car?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        Yep, E36 M3 is a great choice.

On a related topic. Has anyone owned an E90? Or any N52 car?
        I have owned a couple. E90's are nice with the exception of run flat tires. Great DD cars that are exceptional on long commutes or road trips. I recently just came back from Vegas and Averaged 82.5 MPH @ 29.2 MPG - amazing numbers if you ask me.

N52 is a great motor as long as you have one with a production date after 11/2008 - BMW revised the cylinder heads for better oil flow/pressure. I'd stay clear away from SULEV cars (N51s) and only stick with n52s.

-k
        Metal Mover @ www.milehighcarhelper.com

Comment

Originally posted by kablammo View Post
          I have owned a couple. E90's are nice with the exception of run flat tires. Great DD cars that are exceptional on long commutes or road trips. I recently just came back from Vegas and Averaged 82.5 MPH @ 29.2 MPG - amazing numbers if you ask me.

N52 is a great motor as long as you have one with a production date after 11/2008 - BMW revised the cylinder heads for better oil flow/pressure. I'd stay clear away from SULEV cars (N51s) and only stick with n52s.

-k
          Yeah, this one still has the run flats so those will definitely be taken off. Thanks for the tip on the engine production date. The car is a 2011 328.

Comment

Yeah, this one still has the run flats so those will definitely be taken off. Thanks for the tip on the engine production date. The car is a 2011 328.
            The facelift E90's look soooo much better than the pre-facelift ones :up:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              The facelift E90's look soooo much better than the pre-facelift ones :up:
              Yep, they do look a ton better. We test drove it tonight. It's a 6-speed with sport package. Granted sport package and AWD means no suspension changes, but it still gets the better seats and steering wheel. Overall it's a great car. Definitely still has the older BMW feel, much like the E46 we had, which makes for a very pleasing car to drive. It's amazing what a change they went thought with the F30 for better or worse. Overall though, we are going to pass on the E90. The N52 is just too slow. Once you get used to some power it's hard to give it up. We will still keep an eye out for the rare LCI 6-speed wagon, which we would definitely pick up.

I drove an X1 for the first time too. xDrive35i M-sport with the 19's. The 35 still has the 6-speed auto and not the new 8-speed auto. From a chassis stand point it's sort of a hidden gem in the current BMW line. It still rides on the 1 series frame, which is basically the E90 frame. Also still has good old fashion mechanical steering. Even with an auto and AWD it's a very eager car. It just wants to have fun. You feel like you are in a hot hatch on the inside, but the outside looks like a small SUV, it's a very unique thing. My wife loves it, which isn't surprising because it's so quirky. I could see us getting her one in a year or two, but it would probably be the 4-cyl and 8 speed combo. Again, it's sad that they don't offer a manual with it, but when we are driving 30k miles a year on her current car it won't be the end of the world to get an auto.

One last part. Shomp has what seems like 200+ cars on the lot. I found a sales guy that was very knowledgeable and knew what enthusiasts want. They did not have ONE single RWD, non-auto F30 there at all. Not even one! How sad is that? He said as much as it sucks, if I ever wanted to get a F30 335i 6-speed RWD I would just have to order it and hope that I like it. Sad to see BMW get overtaken by the people that are just buying into the brand and not the driving experience.

Comment

Sad to see BMW get overtaken by the people that are just buying into the brand and not the driving experience.
                Definitely

I thought you just got a Golf R... how many cars do you have?
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Agreed Brad. The future is bleak!

Wasn't there an AWD, manual, sport packaged with M tech bits, black, late model E90 wagon going around the BMW CCA Yahoo groups last month. A lady from Eagle traded it into an Audi dealer somewhere in Denver. Might be worth looking at the Audi lot used car inventories.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Definitely

I thought you just got a Golf R... how many cars do you have?
                    We just have the three right now. E30, R, Mazda. I've had the R for a little over a year and a half. I have been throwing out the idea of getting back into a BMW for my DD. At the same time, my wife wants to get into something besides the Mazda, so it's really up in the air to what we could do.

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                    Agreed Brad. The future is bleak!

Wasn't there an AWD, manual, sport packaged with M tech bits, black, late model E90 wagon going around the BMW CCA Yahoo groups last month. A lady from Eagle traded it into an Audi dealer somewhere in Denver. Might be worth looking at the Audi lot used car inventories.
                    I did see one or two manual late model wagons with a manual in the past month or so. The kicker is that there technically are CPO cars still around for at least a year. Ideally I would like to get one with a few years left on the factory warranty. It's not required, but it would be ideal.

Comment

1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                      2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                      <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                        Looks really good man!

Comment

Dont bring them to me to take them off. They're a bitch to do.
                          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                          BMW

Comment

bring them to Aaron. he will probably hate you too, but he'll do a great job on em.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              bring them to Aaron. he will probably hate you too, but he'll do a great job on em.
                              Ouch! No, but I can do a great job it's just they are hard to bust the top bead.
                              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                              BMW

Comment

Clay Bar'ed, Waxed, and Throwing Star Reps Mounted

Blog Post: http://cloudbaseimaging.blogspot.com...on-on-e30.html
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X