Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheels on the M3...anyone near Lafayette? Looking for parts...specifically a shift boot. Stay warm. - Hugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a tight M3. I have two shift boots, but one is torn fake leather and the other is UV faded suede.

What part of B-more are you from. I grew up in Ellicott City.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Northern Baltimore County, haven't been in bmore in awhile man.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomat View Post

New wheels on the M3...anyone near Lafayette? Looking for parts...specifically a shift boot. Stay warm. - Hugh

Looks good man, you the guy I talked to at the lights on hw7, your M3 sounds really nice. I was on the silver e46///m
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Looks like this car is headed to CO. Anyone on here buy it?

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              Looks like this car is headed to CO. Anyone on here buy it?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300794
              dont know who bought it, but that looks like the perfect 325ix

Comment

its been quiet around here, whats up??
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Not a lot going on, apparently! I'll be doing subframe bushings here at some point when the weather warms up enough to allow me to touch car parts without incurring frostbite. And swapping a radiator.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                    M5 all back together, cranks, but doesn't fire.

Comment

I bought a M14 x 1.5 tap for my AKG shift knob. I never really liked the dildo one that AKG came with, and absolutely loved the wood knob that was on the E30 when I bought it. A friend of mine turned a block of wood into a knob for me, but neither of us had a tap for it.

I just spent more time typing the above than actually fiddling w/ cars in the last week
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I'm working on an overhead light where the sunroof motor cover is. I just need to figure out where to draw power for the light, maybe the sunroof switch or obc? My overhead light circuit turns on the windows/sunroof circuit since its an early model. It just wouldn't turn on when the car was off.

I also might add ambient lighting in the footwells if I can find the best place to put them. Chinese ebay vendor sold me the wrong lights that might work for this
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I'm working on an overhead light where the sunroof motor cover is. I just need to figure out where to draw power for the light, maybe the sunroof switch or obc? My overhead light circuit turns on the windows/sunroof circuit since its an early model. It just wouldn't turn on when the car was off.

I also might add ambient lighting in the footwells if I can find the best place to put them. Chinese ebay vendor sold me the wrong lights that might work for this
                          Not sure where he tapped power from, but you could do something like this:

All this really is, is the 2 orange LED lights out of the e39 map light assembly with a resistor in the middle, they run continuously when the headlights are on, they are not extremely bright to impede your driving ability, but help if you are trying to read something, like a map, hence the name.

It was something I came across this here:

Originally posted by Pedi
                          New seatbelt locks

Mhmm....

THOSE guys are going into my car! No doubt about that :)

Due to limited space, I had to take the unit totally apart

Better....

Ready for installation:

Looks very nice in position, just the way I wanted...

Power on!

Perfect inner lights!

First pic in the dark

Hard to get a nice pic with my camera, but I guess you see the picture?

Sorry 'bout bad pics....
                          http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

This is a photo of my M5's instrument cluster. Today was the first time it ran in 28 months.

Still a lot of fine-tuning to do regarding the fuel system (injector rebuilds, ITB adjustments/synchronizations/balancing/etc) and other fun stuff before it hits the road again, but today was a really significant step for this painful project.

Comment

^ Finally! Must be a nice weight off your shoulders.

Installed Super Sprint on the M Coupe today. Pretty disappointed with the volume, it's really not much louder than the stock. Should have got the race. :-(
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X