Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMWCCA Driving School, May 22-23

Registration opens tomorrow at noon: http://rmcbmwcca.motorsportreg.com

Who is going to be there?? Who needs some convincing to be there? Who has been there and has helpful tips?

In this thread, topics may include, but are not limited to:

What type of brakes will you need?
    What do you need to bring to the track?
    Where can you get your car inspected?
    Is Peter going to try to get his beater inspected (with a straight face)?
    Will my M42 explode?

and so on.

to Peter having a straight face
    if the M42 does blow that would suck?

Hey Sam do you want a nice alpine passenger fender for your car?
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

not so much a fender, but if you have a door i would be super interested. But if the fender is the right price i'd be interested in that too...

Comment

Hmm, this might be a nice goal to shoot for with the m52 318 project...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

damnit, I'm gonna try to have the stroker done by then, though i don't think that would pass inspection either without a roll bar. also, i'm probably gonna be in NC.
          fuuuuuuuuuuuu
          Originally posted by stoliver54
          Aw, balls.
          FS: assault gear....
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

I didn't read the rest of the posts, but u waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless better bet I'll be there for both days, and I know David will too.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              not so much a fender, but if you have a door i would be super interested. But if the fender is the right price i'd be interested in that too...
              Alright I'll let you know.

BTW I won't make any of this gotta work!!!!!
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

Registration opens tomorrow at noon: http://rmcbmwcca.motorsportreg.com

Who is going to be there?? Who needs some convincing to be there? Who has been there and has helpful tips?
                I'm going to both days (no, they don't build on each other, it's just two days of track instruction) and hopefully the open track day the friday before.

In this thread, topics may include, but are not limited to:

What type of brakes will you need?
                What you have is fine. You won't be driving a race pace by any means, so run what you have SO LONG AS it's in good condition with plenty of pad/rotor left

What do you need to bring to the track?
                Tools, spare parts for wear things, food, drinks (lots of water and gatorade), great attitude, humility

Where can you get your car inspected?
                Lots of places, but I'd strongly recommend Autosport Werks in Broomfield or SCR Performance in Loveland. Stay away from BimmerHaus, they aren't friends of the E30.....

Is Peter going to try to get his beater inspected (with a straight face)?
                As much as I love that car.......hell no.

Will my M42 explode?
                Not unless you spend the whole day raping the r3v limiter. Which you won't.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

does anyone know if verts require a roll bar?
                  i know they do for actual track time, but perhaps this isn't as extreme?
                  Originally posted by stoliver54
                  Aw, balls.
                  FS: assault gear....
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiE30 View Post
                    does anyone know if verts require a roll bar?
                    i know they do for actual track time, but perhaps this isn't as extreme?
                    You need it to roll with the BMW club, but HPR has no official policy on it from what David was telling me.

I want to do this so bad, but I'm just not sure if I'll even be in town.

Comment

So registration opened today, who signed up? I'm gonna go through all the info again before signing up.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

i was about to sign up, but I saw that we have to pay now, so i'll wait till i sell my other 318is...

oh yeah. And we have to be there by freaking 6:45am. That means i'll have to leave ultra butt-crack early at 4:45am. ooog.

maybe i'll just go the night before and get a hotel.

Comment

Since I'm planning on doing both days, and I know David is planning on doing Friday, Sat. and Sunday.... I think a hotel room is a very reasonable idea. I wanna touch base with David and get info / the skinny on what Friday will be and cost, and we'll go from there. But I definitely wanna do both days of the BMW school... Also, for those interested, click on the timetrials link on rmsolo.org... Registration for a PDX (another SCCA driving school) is open till like Wed. or Thurs. and the school is Sunday. 2 30 minute sessions for like $100 I think, or free if you work a corner for the time trials / club racing...

Comment

Ugh. I want to do that PDX.... just not sure if I can yet. :/

Comment

I'm registered for Sunday. Not looking forward to leaving Greeley at 4:45A - damn that's early! Will be cool to meet those of you who are going. I'll be in the D group (only been to two schools so I think that's where I'll be).

Comment

Working...
                              X