No announcement yet.

WTB: 14" winter tires or 15" wheels, light 15" wheels, and suspension upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 14" winter tires or 15" wheels, light 15" wheels, and suspension upgrades

New '87 325is 5-speed e30 owner and R3V forum member looking for:

a) 185/70R14 winter tires in new/near new condition to mount on the 14" mesh wheels that came with the car, or

b) 15" winter wheels in OK condition (no bends) 'cos I have a nice set of 15" Blizzaks that might fit (215/60R15)

c) Would also consider a complete set of 15" wheels/tires that I can bolt on with winter or good all season tread.

I'm in the Denver metro area and would prefer local inspect and pickup. There are plenty of nice new 15" wheels selling for $89-105 so I don't want to pay more than $100 for a winter beater set or $200 for a clean used set. Don't plan to drive the e30 much on snow days, but would be fun to run in the BMWCCA RMR ice gymkhana.

Also interested in light (10-14lb) 15" wheels for summer and track use. Already have plenty of sticky summer and track tires since my Spec 944 runs 225/50R15s.

My preference since getting into Spec 944 racing has been "go light". Probably why I'm losing interest in my B5 S4 and newer cars. I started off looking for a 2002 to mod, but couldn't find one that wasn't a rust bucket or selling for e30 M3 prices. I decided I liked the idea of an inline six, so I move onto searching for e30 325is, e36 M3s and early 911. Found a sweet '75 911S in Fort Collins with a 3.0 transplant, but a Californicator sniped it :curse:

The e30s actually appear to have way more race bits than I expected thanks to Spec e30, the M3 e30 and other e30 racing developments. The E36 M3s were tempting, but I think I made the right choice and won't be breaking the bank as quickly -- I'd be wanting to turn an M3 into a GTS race car pronto since there are so many tempting examples in the local NASA crowd.

If I sell the S4, I plan to upgrade the suspension to a new Spec e30 kit, but in case I keep that car I'd be interested in any used track worthy parts for sale locally. I don't plan to race the e30 since the regional euro racing scene is Spec 944, but it might be fun to enter the e30 in time trials or GTS if the Spec 944 is ever down for a weekend.
    Last edited by S4lex; 12-28-2010, 07:41 PM. Reason: 42

I'll have to get in contact with you next week when I'm back in town after the holidays. I have a set of 15s that you may be interested in.
    89 325i (Sold)
    95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
    2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

215/60/15 seems like waay too big of a tire for an E30.

And welcome to R3v!! Do you have any pics of your 944?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
        I'll have to get in contact with you next week when I'm back in town after the holidays. I have a set of 15s that you may be interested in.
        Sounds good. Let me know.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post

And welcome to R3v!! Do you have any pics of your 944?
        Yeah that size is like an 1" more tire diameter, but I was thinking of giving one a test fit unless I find good used 14" winters. Don't want to spend $400 for new winters I won't use much.

Thanks for the welcome. Will post a couple of pics of the Spec 944 and e30 when I have time this week.

Comment

mine had 235/45/17 and since its an ix all 4 are the same size. They are bent and im looking at getting them straightened soon.

In the mean time I threw on some smaller steelies and it lowered it quite a bit. here are a few photos

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

where does everyone keep finding steelies from?? I have been looking for a cheap set of steelies.

Comment

An IX should be able to use honda/VW steelies due to offsets right?

Also, 215/60/15 is rather big. I am running 195/60/15 snows and I rub at full lock already, I couldn't imagine much bigger.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

skinnier snow tires are better anyway, they cut through the snow rather than slide on top.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Or in the case with Denver, you will just never ever, ever, ever use your snow tires.....

SNOW ALREADY

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    Or in the case with Denver, you will just never ever, ever, ever use your snow tires.....

SNOW ALREADY
                    srsly, goddamn this winter has been pathetic!
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

bright and sunny out, as usual...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        srsly, goddamn this winter has been pathetic!
                        Mountains are far from pathetic. You boys just need to get out of the valley. And looks like a front range storm rolling in for thurs./Fri.

Comment

We still should have snow in Denver. It is just sad that Christmas was 52 degrees. I am not used to this state at all. Oh well, hopefully Jan will be a little more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
                            Mountains are far from pathetic. You boys just need to get out of the valley. And looks like a front range storm rolling in for thurs./Fri.
                            that's the idea!! Name me some sweet mountain dirt roads that we can barrel down!

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
                              Oh I know the mountains are getting dumped on, I just don't have the money or time to go up skiing and enjoy it. Down here though, this is abnormally dry.

that's the idea!! Name me some sweet mountain dirt roads that we can barrel down!
                              I think he meant skiing/snowboarding.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X