Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the ex bimmerhaus curb-hopping car.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      It's the ex bimmerhaus curb-hopping car.
      yup. Any idea what fubar'd the frame?
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It was in a pretty nasty collision iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Hold the phone on that M3. I've only ever seen ONE local E30 M3 in that color, since it's not a factory color, and while it had Moton triples ($8k shocks) the frame was super fucked. I'm willing to bet it's the same car.
          I didn't want to believe this.... why!!!... stupid car
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
            Just an "I" with "is" stuff.. I would say 2k at most, no suspension and I don't think the tb has been done.
            This guys my old neighbor, he forgot to put it in the ad but he has a set of kybs and some other misc stuff that wasn't listed, and I haven't posted yet but I'm selling my titleless Red 325is for $800, wound up getting a 240sx vert for super cheap and need to pay back the loan taken to buy it and need rent money. Need to sell before Friday if there's any interested party's here
            1972 Datsun 240z - Cancer ridden, sold for parts
            1990 Nissan 240sx - sold
            1990 Bmw 325is - sold
            1993 240sx convertible drift turd - Current Project
            1992 Ford F150 - traded
            1992 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
            1987 Jeep Cherokee - Traded
            2001 Ford Explorer - traded
            1995 Subaru Legacy dailydriver

Comment

pics of E30?

Comment

Originally posted by Supersurfer92 View Post
                This guys my old neighbor, he forgot to put it in the ad but he has a set of kybs and some other misc stuff that wasn't listed, and I haven't posted yet but I'm selling my titleless Red 325is for $800, wound up getting a 240sx vert for super cheap and need to pay back the loan taken to buy it and need rent money. Need to sell before Friday if there's any interested party's here
                Not only do you buy title-less cars, but you're also taking out loans to buy cars worth <$5k?

Comment

I'll post pics when I have my laptop and a big loan, all of $250.00 from my parents haha
                  1972 Datsun 240z - Cancer ridden, sold for parts
                  1990 Nissan 240sx - sold
                  1990 Bmw 325is - sold
                  1993 240sx convertible drift turd - Current Project
                  1992 Ford F150 - traded
                  1992 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
                  1987 Jeep Cherokee - Traded
                  2001 Ford Explorer - traded
                  1995 Subaru Legacy dailydriver

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    pics of E30?
                    I assume this is it
                    http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/2395514199.html

Comment

Let me get this straight (i saw the CL ad too). You are selling a car, which you don't hold a title for even though someone else does? AKA, you are selling a car someone else owns and you are keeping the money?

You're saying in the CL ad that you "lost" the title, when that's nowhere near the truth. Without the title, you technically don't have the right to sell the car, since someone else does hold a VALID NON-LOST title.

My sketch-o-meter is going off the charts. Could be the illegality.

You cannot legally sell this car, you do not own it.

Your original post:
                      So in a nut shell: 4 months ago I traded a laptop, a ski rack, and sound system for the bmw, the guy said he lost the title. No big deal, plan for the car was to be a trailer skank any way. Then he said he found the title, and wanted $300 on top of what was traded and what was agreed upon in the bill of sale. I said suck a fat one, trade is said and done, send the title. Then he said his mom had the title and she would send it after he signed it and he sent me a copy of the title via certified mail. I did a vin check(car is squeaky clean) and the copy he sent me was the old title(registered in CO to his mom), the new title is registered in Georgia, however, the car, his fam, and his mom all live in denver/aurora and thanks to the internet, they all have lived here quite some time. He then wanted to trade back with me trailering the car back to aurora, again, I said deepthroat a veiny one and said he can come up here and get it with all my stuff in the condition it was traded or I'll leave it on the side of the road and let it get impounded and it would no longer be my problem(bluff), he said the title would be sent shortly after once his mom was back in town(2 months ago), and it hasn't. I've been texting daily/every other day with very limited response/no answer at all. So basically I have a signed bill of sale, a copy of title, 4 months of texts with this guy, and a car that I want to swap an m50b25 into since the current motor needs a costly rebuild(he knew it had a snapped tbelt, and I knew it as well). I have also thought about trading back so I can just be done with this shit already, I have had other offers to do the same terms as what was originally done in this trade but no way to get the car back down. Holy lengthy post batman. Any thoughts/suggestions?
                      Cliffs: the guy he bought it from still holds the valid title, and he cannot sell the car since he does not own it.

Sketchy shit is sketchy.
                      Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 06-08-2011, 02:24 PM.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Oh snap I didn't even consider this was the same sad no-title saga...

Comment

yup. Supersurfer, get the title or give the car back. If you sell it without a title, the guy who actually holds the title can go after you in court since technically he still owns the car.

Get the title or trade him back.

Or, y'know, go to the DMV like we all told you to and see what they recommend you do.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'll post pics when I have my laptop and a big loan, all of $250.00 from my parents haha
                            You had to borrow $250? Sounds like you should be putting some money towards an emergency fund rather than towards cars...

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            Let me get this straight (i saw the CL ad too). You are selling a car, which you don't hold a title for even though someone else does? AKA, you are selling a car someone else owns and you are keeping the money?

You're saying in the CL ad that you "lost" the title, when that's nowhere near the truth. Without the title, you technically don't have the right to sell the car, since someone else does hold a VALID NON-LOST title.

My sketch-o-meter is going off the charts. Could be the illegality.

You cannot legally sell this car, you do not own it.

Your original post:

Cliffs: the guy he bought it from still holds the valid title, and he cannot sell the car since he does not own it.

Sketchy shit is sketchy.
                            ding ding ding. You could theoretically part it out and give the chassis back (would net you more money), but that's about it besides getting a title.

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
                              It can't be that one. I emailed that listing 3 times, zero answers. Also, that was posted a long time ago.

But if it is, I would still buy for parts (not for $800) and ain't no one coming to legally get it, no one would have a clue where it is, except people who know where my house is, etc, and then it will be summarily dismembered.

Comment

Geez. I didn't know that this was bimmerforums.
                                89 325i (Sold)
                                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X