Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That, and Pelican is by far the most expensive place to get parts aside from the BMW dealer.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

other than getbmwparts.com, where are better places to get parts than Pelican? I am asking not to argue, but because I would really like to know, I am all about cheap....

Comment

rmeuropean.com

Comment

depends on the part, really. Bimmerworld and Turner Motorsport are great places, Blunt is sometimes good, sometimes not, Bav Auto, getbmwparts, there are a few.

Pelican has everything, but is pricier for most everything.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i thought i saw an e23 in the springs craigslist just a week or two ago. price was around 2k though but only like 150-180k miles iirc
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Pelican is good for non normal stocked parts. They can get everything. I have had friends have experiences where RMeuropean has taken 2 months to deliver stuff. I have only bought a few things from there. I only order from pelican because they ALWAYS get me my stuff and they are very friendly people.

For most normal stuff I always by from autohaus AZ. For weird special order stuff I pick pelican.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I got my E23 for $700, but that was a bit on the low end, and with electrical difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  Pelican is good for non normal stocked parts. They can get everything. I have had friends have experiences where RMeuropean has taken 2 months to deliver stuff. I have only bought a few things from there. I only order from pelican because they ALWAYS get me my stuff and they are very friendly people.

For most normal stuff I always by from autohaus AZ. For weird special order stuff I pick pelican.
                  true this. Pelican has absolutely every little washer, clip, pin, plastic doohickey, grommet, etc. Also the shipping is pretty quick, it's free shipping most of the time, and I always get 10% off coupons from them and stuff.

For bigger stuff I always shop around though. And I have noticed that on the bigger things Pelican and BavAuto are almost the same price.

Comment

Yea. For those little washers and clips, I usually just go down to Gebhardt. I've gotten em for free there before, and they usually have them in stock.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It's stuff like my broken HVAC panel on the Ti. A whopping $28 though pelican.

Comment

Some of their prices are quite good. Some are pretty awful, it kinda depends. When I was pricing out the trans repair job, pelican was a good bit pricier on the special order parts than getbmwparts.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, prices are all over the board at all places. Another example is the motor mounts for the Ti were something like $15 more expensive per mount for an off brand from pelican but I was able to get lems from autohaus AZ for much cheaper. Searching around is key.

Comment

yup. autohausaz, rmeuropean, pelican, getbmwparts, etc are all good places to shop

Comment

I have used ECS tuning for my e46 quite a bit. great service

Comment

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2196946887.html

RX's

Comment

Working...
                                X