This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    You are right. He took the miles off. He also dropped the price from $5,500.
    ha ha holy balls, he wanted $5500??? I thought you were referring to the crackhead price of $4500!! (which it still applies...)

Comment

M Coupe in trade for a Jeep. Brad, didn't you have a jeep for sale? Looks like it's salvaged title though

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
        M Coupe in trade for a Jeep. Brad, didn't you have a jeep for sale? Looks like it's salvaged title though

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3426007965.html
        I sold my Jeep. Too bad it's been in an accident.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Interesting... It's $11,000 on Mcoupe buyers guide...
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
            I sold my Jeep. Too bad it's been in an accident.
            I think there still would have been a price disparity despite the salvage title. ;)

Comment

Sometimes Jon susses out the seller's bottom line. Perhaps that's the difference. Either way that's not a bad price for a sub 100K mile M Coupe if the accident damage was properly documented and wasn't too bad.

It is the most common color though :-(
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Does anyone have any insight or an opinion on one of these over the other? I am seriously considering the IS but wanted to see what anyone had to say.

Thanks

Comment

I own an 87' IS and love it, they have factory lsd, sport seats, factory bilsteins, and premium spound system. Also the 87' IS gets the one year only airdam and mtech 1 wheel.
                  Id suggest the alpine white as it is a real IS and is a complete well maintained car. The black car is not a true IS they were only 2 door cars
                  Last edited by ltz Viper; 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Funny that the choice is between two former or currently r3v owned E30's.
                    Chris
                    97 M3
                    01 325
                    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Thank you for your reply and your input ltz Viper, I really appreciate it. I know that the black one is only an I model and not an IS, I was just not sure on what everyone thought about one of these over the other considering the work done on each as well as any opinions people had.

Comment

The owner came on here and said he would sell it to a r3v member for around 3000 if I remember

Cloudbase also went and looked at the car
                        I looked at this car last week.

It's a solid E30. He has all Mx records since new. Mechanically it's dialed. It has all the proper upgrades, M3 offsets, IE bushings, Koni's. The koni's ride way better than my Bilstien Sports. The only thing it needs is a shifter bushing rebuild. No drivetrain whine, vibrations, or howl from anywhere. All switches, windows, cruise, sunroof works. Has super nice HU w/ blue tooth.

Cosmetically it needs some paint work, plastic work, and chrome. If someone wanted to fix the cosmetic stuff, there is money to be made on it. Or it's a perfect DD / winter beater. Seller is a straight up guy, who I would not hesitate to buy from.
                        If you cant tell I really love this IS and would have bought it if I was still looking

Comment

sorry for double post but check out this rare find, E28 turbo diesel with only 84,000 miles! Too bad they were all autotragics

Comment

I can tell you really love this IS and were even considering selling yours to buy it. I have been talking with the owner and am planning to go look at it on Monday and most likely buy it then, thanks again for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
                              sorry for double post but check out this rare find, E28 turbo diesel with only 84,000 miles! Too bad they were all autotragics

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3458634267.html
                              Oh MAN I want it! I think the block is M20 based, so you could prob just bolt a G260 to it, but I don't know for sure.

But I do know these cars had overheating/head cracking problems and it's hard to find one without a cracked head.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcrow Bacon View Post
                                Thank you for your reply and your input ltz Viper, I really appreciate it. I know that the black one is only an I model and not an IS, I was just not sure on what everyone thought about one of these over the other considering the work done on each as well as any opinions people had.
                                iS was a coupe only one. 4 door could not be an iS model.

With the cars being so old, replacing anything that might be iS specific (suspension), a set of proper aftermarket stuff will be superior anyways, so choosing between the two should be a non factor.

BTW, 4door > 2door :up:
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X