Nice weather is upon us!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    What is the ballpark price?
    I'm not in business until i get my garage cleaned up and more lighting installed, but Ben's usually pretty reasonable... :D

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    What is the ballpark price?

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    I have no doubts, but again, it's all how much the customer is willing to pay. I'm not going to try and sell someone something they don't want, but I am going to let them know what their options are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    True but I'm not one to talk people into what I think would be unnecessary, but I'll do as I'm paid / asked. On of my detail supply companies sent me some info where they hit an RS6 with like 5 or 6 coats of the sealant I use and it provided more protection and better looks than most waxes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    It all depends on how much the customer wishes to spend. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    True, but I still think it's answers of effort on daily driven cars. You can seal and wax a garage queen too. Aaaaaannnnnnnd back on topic, gauging interest for detail work

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    It's also ok to put down a layer of sealant, and then wax on top. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    Alright, then mad layers of sealant it is :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I haven't used that stuff but I know that some people swear by chemical guys or don't use them at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    You want a sealant. Waxes are typically less hardy, but offer more depth, shine, warmth, etc. Ideal for garage queens / show cars. For daily drivers you want something that will bond well with the paint and the polymers in modern sealants are optimal. I have one that is absolutely amazing

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    That's what sealant is for! :D

    This stuff is amazing btw:

    Easy to apply and remove. Protects for around 6 months!. Looks great dark and light paint. Price: $39.99. Brand: Chemical Guys. Size: 16 oz.

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    I need work with long lasting wax.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Thanks for the interest, you have my number and thanks for the vote of confidence.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    Now with pictars! I'm not super happy with the pictures, the car looks a million times better in person, I just suck as a photographer. That, and overcast weather doesn't give the best lighting, so take that for what it's worth.

    The car is a 89 325i with 261k on it. I'm owner number 7 or 8, the car has over 50k of track miles/hard use before I got it, and has the original outside-weathered paint. Which is why the transformation is all the more impressive.

    Anyway, on to the pics! Thanks are to Ben again for an amazing job. Pay close attention to the quality of the reflections on the paint....the car is like a deep mirror.





    This one looks weird because I was playing with the polarizer. I kinda like how it came out though!



    And finally, the money shot: the hood.


    Guys, get Ben/Bishop to detail your cars. You won't regret it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    For anyone curious, Ben detailed my E30 last year about this time. Was an AMAZING job....pics are around here somewhere.

    Ben, kinda thinking about getting dad's e28 detailed

    Leave a comment:

Working...