Colorado "DIY DAY" set for Oct 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado "DIY DAY" set for Oct 1st

I started this thread on Bimmerforums. Thought it would be a good idea to post it here also.

Link to the Bimmerforums thread:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Hello all. My name is Todd. I will be hosting a "DIY DAY" at a shop in Wheat Ridge, Colorado called Conti Automotive. At the bottom of the post is a link to Google maps with the address. We will be starting the day around 9:30 am on October 1st which is a Saturday. It will probably end no later than 4:30. A "DIY DAY" gives people that would like some help working on the car a chance to meet other people that are willing to help them with their repairs, service or upgrade installs. Typical jobs completed on these types of days tend not to take more than 2-3 hours, so no head gaskets or engine installs people. lol Also, since this is at a business there will be NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED at this "DIY DAY". Future ones at a private residence may be different when it comes to alcohol though (typically is :) ). If you have any questions feel free to PM me and ask or just add to the thread. If you would like to attend this "DIY DAY" all you have to do is show up. If you know what work you would like to do to your car post it up so the proper people and tools may be available. Thanks for reading.

Conti Automotive

Google Map Link

http://maps.google.com/maps?pq=conti...ed=0CB0QngIwAA

Is there really three separate events, or is everyone just making threads on the same event?

Comment

Same event. This one is from the guy setting it up, so this is the official one.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        Same event. This one is from the guy setting it up, so this is the official one.
        That's correct. Just trying to spread the word as much as possible. :)

Comment

Less than 1 week away! Don't forget to order your parts!

Comment

12 hour bump!

Comment

A few pics from today. Nice turnout. I'm waiting on parts so I didn't do anything, but it was nice to put names and faces with cars and screen names.

Thanks to Todd for putting this together. I'm looking forward to more events like this. (I did make sure and grab a shot of one of the E30s on hand FBO this forum.) :D

Comment

So, out of curiosity, what kind of jobs got done?
                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

There was a motor mount, a few fenders rolled, one guy replaced his front bumper and driver's fender, a few oil changes, a seafoam treatment or three, and a few other jobs I can't remember. Easy stuff, except for the oil change on that diamant ix that exposed a cracked oil pan
                  Last edited by brettholomew21; 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM.
                  Island Green 1990 535i
                  (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

not to worry, i have a spare oil pan for him!
                    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

You Tim's brother?
                      Island Green 1990 535i
                      (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Yessir
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                        X