No announcement yet.

The Junkyard Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to the Aurora one all too late. Apparently they close an hour earlier during the winter. I really should check these things before driving an hour to Denver....

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      there are like 2-3 e28s in co springs u pull
      were are these lovely places???

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
      I went to the one in Aurora today. iX has been pretty well picked over but it does have both diffs and the subframe still.
      was it an automatic or standard?
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Supposedly standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          were are these lovely places???
          by world arena in co springs.. i may go wednesday morning if the weather is nice
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by alpinescott View Post
            there is a couple of ix's at the yard in Eaton, CO....they are pretty picked over but still some good stuff left
            by world arena in co springs.. i may go wednesday morning if the weather is nice
            let me know if you do! I get off work at 0700. seven 1 9 twentythree 5 00 two 6

Comment

dudes, if anyone is going to the Aurora upullandpay, PLEASE pick me up a set of E34 15" weaves. Ross said there is some there.

Thanks,
              Sam

Comment

We are supposed to get snow tuesday night and wednesday.
                89 325i (Sold)
                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  dudes, if anyone is going to the Aurora upullandpay, PLEASE pick me up a set of E34 15" weaves. Ross said there is some there.

Thanks,
                  Sam
                  dude, grab these! I don't want much for them...

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

dude, grab these! I don't want much for them...

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

$300 is more than $60, and it looks like one of them are bent. But they are some good lookin wheels though.

I just need cheap winter wheels.

Comment

$60 for a set of wheels? I thought the pick-n-pull places usually charged like $50 a wheel for aluminum rims. anyways, I definitely don't expect you to pay $300! I really just want them gone. Whats funny is before I got these I got a bunch of people wanting to know if I could get ACT mesh caps. Now that I have a set of wheels and caps, I can't give the dang things away!

Comment

$60 for a set of wheels? I thought the pick-n-pull places usually charged like $50 a wheel for aluminum rims. anyways, I definitely don't expect you to pay $300! I really just want them gone. Whats funny is before I got these I got a bunch of people wanting to know if I could get ACT mesh caps. Now that I have a set of wheels and caps, I can't give the dang things away!
                        One of them is bent though, right?

Also, yes, upullandpay.com prices are $15 per aluminum wheel. Ross said there was a set of 15s there for an E34, I want them! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          Let me know if you see an E34 535i.
                          There is a E28 535is with a mostly complete motor in the cs u-pull

I may need to make a run to Denver this Saturday also. I need a drivetrain from an early E28 528e from trans to axles.
                          There is also a mostly complete 528e at the same yard. Sam, why not do an M30 swap since your dumping the M20 already???

One of them is bent though, right?

Also, yes, upullandpay.com prices are $15 per aluminum wheel. Ross said there was a set of 15s there for an E34, I want them! ;)
                          Dang, that's cheap! Yeah, one has a nice dent in it, but the rest are good.

Comment

Sam, why not do an M30 swap since your dumping the M20 already???

This HAS crossed my mind, but since the M20B20 in there runs great, all it needs is a trans (2nd gear is gone on current), and possibly matching ds and diff. That would be the easiest, cheapest, and quickest way to get it driving reliably.

Next level up is swap in an E30 M20B25 drivetrain, since it is a very simple and straightforward swap, and 168 hp is better than 120.

Next level is M30B35, but that is more involved, and I would have to buy more stuff, spend more $$. If I were to go that far, I may as well just go to the...

Next level, which is an M60B40 + 6-speed swap. THIS is the swap I do plan on doing next summer. I already have the 6-speed trans, and M60B40s are a dime a dozen, and I believe I have all the fab capabilities to do it, and most of all, i WANT to do it bad. Lightweight motor, gobs of power and torque, AMAZING sound, and pleeenty of parts in the junkyards for dirt.

Comment

I have a bellhousing that allows you to bolt up a getrag 265 to an M20. A bit overkill for a 2.0L m20 but...

Comment

I have a bellhousing that allows you to bolt up a getrag 265 to an M20. A bit overkill for a 2.0L m20 but...
                                Refresh my memory, what is the G265?

Comment

Working...
                                X