Looking for some nice cars to shoot in CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some nice cars to shoot in CO

Hi guys - I'm writing a book on owning and modifying the E30 for Cartech publishing. Anyway, I have been working with Robert at E30 Motorwerks in CA to get some images over the past year, but recently moved to Colorado for my wife's work.

Now I'm stuck with a past deadline and a shortage of good images. Does anyone with a nice car (or two) live near enough to Longmont to meet up for some shooting? I need a bunch of interior detail shots, exterior, parts, sedans, coupes, early and late.

Anyway, let me know on here or via PM if you have time and the desire. Also could use shots of cars and projects 'in progress' so if you have a motor or suspension apart, give me a shout if you wouldn't mind me looking over your shoulder.

In exchange you will have my eternal thanks and a copy of the book when it comes out.

Thanks in advance!

To clarify also not-so-nice cars are welcome. I need some 'before' shots.

Also motor swapped, big wheels, what have you.

And any Spec E30 cars!

Comment

Adam.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

If "not-so-nice" cars you are looking for, plenty of those I have got. For nice cars, see Roland.

And for "in-progress" shots, I am actually going to replace my M42 with an M20B25 this coming Saturday. I am in southern Loveland BTW.

And if you want to use existing shots, I have plenty of those too.

And finally, in case you wanted "in-action" shots, I just started organizing a rally meet for March 31st, see thread here: http://coloradorallyracing.com/forum...php?f=19&t=157

Here are a few shots I have done:

Comment

Great idea, I wish you were here in PDX I always have a few E30s in pieces at my shop

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Or, If I am totally off by what you mean when you say you need a "car to shoot", here is an example of that:

Comment

Like I said I'm new to Colorado, so maybe I need to chose my words more carefully in the 'wild west'

:D

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              Or, If I am totally off by what you mean when you say you need a "car to shoot", here is an example of that:

Comment

If "not-so-nice" cars you are looking for, plenty of those I have got. For nice cars, see Roland.

And for "in-progress" shots, I am actually going to replace my M42 with an M20B25 this coming Saturday. I am in southern Loveland BTW.

And if you want to use existing shots, I have plenty of those too.

And finally, in case you wanted "in-action" shots, I just started organizing a rally meet for March 31st, see thread here: http://coloradorallyracing.com/forum...php?f=19&t=157

Here are a few shots I have done:

Thanks for the offer!

I might be able to use some existing I just have to get clearance from my editor, not a big deal.

As for Saturday, I should be able to stop by, that sounds interesting. Are you doing the whole swap in one day? Like drive in, pull motor, swap and drive out? If so I salute your speed!

Comment

Originally posted by robertob View Post
                  Like I said I'm new to Colorado, so maybe I need to chose my words more carefully in the 'wild west'

:D
                  Well, Colorado is a haven in an otherwise "wild west" for hipsters, tree huggers, hippies, and crackheads. The crackheads mostly live in craigslist these days, and they like to ask hilarious prices for their junk.

Comment

I just moved from Long Beach, CA so I know all about crack heads. Let me know on Saturday - you can PM me your email or phone and we can chat about it in person if you'd like.

Comment

Well, Colorado is a haven in an otherwise "wild west" for hipsters, tree huggers, hippies, and crackheads. The crackheads mostly live in craigslist these days, and they like to ask hilarious prices for their junk.
                      speak for the north. not all crazies in colorado. i would volunteer, but you cant expect perfect from a car with over 250 miles. or cars that are 20 years old for that matter.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I've got a stockish M3 and a S52 swaped, 5 lug 325is. Both available for pics in Golden.

Comment

Originally posted by robertob View Post
                          As for Saturday, I should be able to stop by, that sounds interesting. Are you doing the whole swap in one day? Like drive in, pull motor, swap and drive out? If so I salute your speed!
                          Pretty much. The car is already in the garage, but I haven't torn into it yet, the M20B25 drivetrain is sitting on the floor next to the garage. My garage is not a glamorous backdrop though for photography, the walls are covered in shelving containing my wife's crap.

Either way, I hope to drive the car out of the garage Saturday night with the M20B25 installed. Not saying that that will actually happen though, there will always be snags.

Comment

I have a not so nice car.
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              I have a not so nice car.
                              But it's a book about owning and modifying an E30. Yours = racecar. Therefore it NEEDS to be included, big wing and all. :)

I'd love to offer my E30, but it sounds like you need it soon and getting my E30 cleaned up is last on my list of things to do.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                              X