Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado (help me decide) selling the beater

Hey Guys -

As a few of you know I bought that brilliantrot 1990 535im the other week. This move has me considering selling the infamous beater cabrio. As those of you know her, or seen it in person know she's a blast to drive but in less than perfect shape.

I know that a beater cabrio won't be worth much so I'm trying to decide (strip/sell for $400-500 on CL, or try sell her "intact" for $700-800 (seems harder), or just say fuck it and keep her).

To hit that low ~$500 strip/sell price i'd take off the parts I could resell individually Zender front spoiler, nardi wheel, swap konigs for bottlecaps, large tool kit, maybe the hella 500s too. I figure that for a car that runs/drives and easily passes emission every year some CL bro is gonna take her w/o fancy parts just for a toy car.

What do you guys think?

Clickable thumbs:

I think if you do sell it as a whole it's worth a lot more than $800 unless it's not running, the wheels and interior alone are worth $800. Id pay around $2000 from what Ive seen on craigslist around here. If you do sell of parts Ill take the fogs and the steering wheel
    what the hell is over the headlights?

Comment

Those awesome thing over the headlamps are old school VW eyebrows; everyone hates them ('cept me!)

I don't think $2k is realistic; but again I don't want to sit on it forever.

Comment

Yeah I may be a little to optimistic, the pictures hide a lot, but it's defiantly worth more than $1000 IMO

Comment

Hey Brent, I'll give you $750 cash for it tomorrow if you want, otherwise maybe we could work a trade on one on the Audi's.. What's the mileage on it?

Comment

Thanks guys for all the replies and PMs.

I think that this thread was more for opinions etc, so keep them comming.

If it makes sense I will make a real "for sale" thread

Comment

If the drivers side door card is in good condition, i would trade you your front seats and door cards for mine (black leather and black) and i might throw some money on top.
              John 16:33

sigpic

Comment

^^ why are you selling your fiero?
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFiero View Post
                  If the drivers side door card is in good condition, i would trade you your front seats and door cards for mine (black leather and black) and i might throw some money on top.
                  The door cards and seats are in very nice condition; last owner refurbed the front.

Wont be trading or parting until the car itself is sold.

Comment

On another note, our matching red '90 535's would look great in a photoshoot together...

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      ^^ why are you selling your fiero?
                      Too expensive to race, and i couldnt let it just sit there all summer. Plus i got into drifting and want to dump all my money into the e30 now. Sorry for the thread jack colorado_cabrio.
                      John 16:33

sigpic

Comment

I would be keen on your interior too if you decide to part it, but the vert is different from the b pillar back if I recall. Only if Orange Fiero doesn't want.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                          I would be keen on your interior too if you decide to part it, but the vert is different from the b pillar back if I recall. Only if Orange Fiero doesn't want.
                          Yeah; Roland has also expressed interest in the interior

I think I'm gonna make a straight-up for sale thread. Will be up after he snows comes and goes and I take a fuller set of pictures.

-B

Comment

would be interested as well. thought about driving my s52e30 out to aspen but do not want to park it outside...miss my e30!
                            Check out my quintet at FourzahMusic

Comment

Working...
                            X