M50 swap wanted near you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 swap wanted near you

I am/will be on the search for an m50 swap soon. I just want to make sure im not over looking any options that are close to me that i dont know about. I want a "cheap" swap that is basic (nonvanos preferred), or if you have all the swap parts just not the engine or tranny, thats an option too. Seems to me that after recording some prices, if i were to put together a swap part by part, i would spend way more than if i buy a whole swap or partial swap. Full swaps dont seem to be too rare near me either so ill give it a shot.

So that said, im looking for a complete (or mostly) m50 swap within resonable driving distance, say 150 maybe 200 miles from Colorado Springs?
    John 16:33

sigpic

I've got a completely sorted s50 swapped 1990 325i if your interested in upping your budget a bit over m50 territory.

Comment

What kinda money are we talking?? (PM me)

sigpic

Comment

Still looking.

sigpic

Comment

Gosh dangit! Im to indecisive, let me know if you have ANY swap for an e30 for sale... m30, m50, or even a slightly built m20... or??

sigpic

Comment

If you read my post it says i am looking for a swap, a complete or mostly complete swap, not just an engine and tranny, especially not one that have 225k on it and not rebuilt. I am on cl every night...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFiero View Post
              If you read my post it says i am looking for a swap, a complete or mostly complete swap, not just an engine and tranny, especially not one that have 225k on it and not rebuilt. I am on cl every night...
              I see. There was one complete swap advertised a while back for $1500 I believe the ad is gone. What is your budget, and what do you expect for that budget?

Also, I would assert that piecing together a swap may actually be the cheaper option, since individual swap parts are so common, yet a compiled swap for sale is very very uncommon.

Bit of trivia, I have a M50nv from an E34 that was a brand new BMW replacement unit back in '97, and has less than 100k on it, and purrs like a kitten. I have the receipts for the engine from the BMW dealer, it costed some poor sap $8k apparently. And I have the 5-speed Getrag/clutch/flywheel etc. But the current plan is to drop that in my E28 520i.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsam View Post
                I see. There was one complete swap advertised a while back for $1500 I believe the ad is gone. What is your budget, and what do you expect for that budget?

Also, I would assert that piecing together a swap may actually be the cheaper option, since individual swap parts are so common, yet a compiled swap for sale is very very uncommon.

Bit of trivia, I have a M50nv from an E34 that was a brand new BMW replacement unit back in '97, and has less than 100k on it, and purrs like a kitten. I have the receipts for the engine from the BMW dealer, it costed some poor sap $8k apparently. And I have the 5-speed Getrag/clutch/flywheel etc. But the current plan is to drop that in my E28 520i.
                Yeah, i am still considering getting my own parts, if i do this i come out to 1600-1700 for parts and in the last 4 weeks ive seen 3 swaps for sale under 1400, and one under 1000. Im just looking to save as much money as possible to spend on other components that are unrelated to the engine swap, that i NEED to do. I would like to get a swap for 1500.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamsam View Post
                  I went to look at that wagon last fall. Funny its being parted out now.

Yeah, i am still considering getting my own parts, if i do this i come out to 1600-1700 for parts and in the last 4 weeks ive seen 3 swaps for sale under 1400, and one under 1000. Im just looking to save as much money as possible to spend on other components that are unrelated to the engine swap, that i NEED to do. I would like to get a swap for 1500.
                  Got an S38, but it will cost a teensy bit more than that. Resale value will go through the roof though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    I went to look at that wagon last fall. Funny its being parted out now.

Got an S38, but it will cost a teensy bit more than that. Resale value will go through the roof though.
                    I would trade my left nipple for that s38... but then i would have to sell my right nipple just to maintain it.

sigpic

Comment

I would trade my left nipple for that s38... but then i would have to sell my right nipple just to maintain it.
                      nonsense. valve adjustments, keep the throttles in sync, and oil changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        nonsense. valve adjustments, keep the throttles in sync, and oil changes.
                        S38 is just too expensive... im in the market for an engagement ring too, and i know the gf would rather have a decent ring than a faster e30 to ride in when we go out haha.

sigpic

Comment

Why swap a nv? 1700 is a good budget I did my whole swap for less then 1200 that's buying everything to obd1 swap shave the clutch motor mounts trans mounts and the engine along with all new gaskets.

Comment

Originally posted by twigg View Post
                            Why swap a nv? 1700 is a good budget I did my whole swap for less then 1200 that's buying everything to obd1 swap shave the clutch motor mounts trans mounts and the engine along with all new gaskets.
                            I want a nv because i want to use ms3 or haltec to control, and having vanos just makes it more complex. Also i cant stand a motor that isnt cammed, and camming a vanos engine gets interesting.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X