M50 swap wanted near you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeFiero View Post
    I want a nv because i want to use ms3 or haltec to control, and having vanos just makes it more complex. Also i cant stand a motor that isnt cammed, and camming a vanos engine gets interesting.
    The VANOS on the M50TU is really not that complex. It's a simple on/off circuit, and creating the map to follow it isn't difficult at all.

Cams are easy too, unless you're going super aggressive, but if you're going to cam it, you'll want the VANOS to retain the low end power. More cam options for VANOS motors anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      The VANOS on the M50TU is really not that complex. It's a simple on/off circuit, and creating the map to follow it isn't difficult at all.

Cams are easy too, unless you're going super aggressive, but if you're going to cam it, you'll want the VANOS to retain the low end power. More cam options for VANOS motors anyway.
      I will have to do some searchin on this now. Honestly i did think that vanos was a variable timing system, not an on/off type.
      John 16:33

sigpic

Comment

I will have to do some searchin on this now. Honestly i did think that vanos was a variable timing system, not an on/off type.
        It is a variable timing system, just functions in an on/off mode.

The E46 M3 vanos system is a continuously variable timing system, which is probably what you have in mind in terms of complexity. Having a continuously variable system actually makes it easier to run a more aggressive cam if you find someone who can tune it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          It is a variable timing system, just functions in an on/off mode.

The E46 M3 vanos system is a continuously variable timing system, which is probably what you have in mind in terms of complexity. Having a continuously variable system actually makes it easier to run a more aggressive cam if you find someone who can tune it right.
          Can ms3 or ms2 pnp control vanos though?

sigpic

Comment

Can ms3 or ms2 pnp control vanos though?
            PNP? couldn't tell you.

Megasquirt is fully capable of running VANOS though. The older versions you just run it as a NOS injection, the newer versions can do everything thing up to cvvt.

Comment

M50nv is basically a m20 just double the valves and they self adjust. Nv do not have the options as the vanos engine do. If you do the swap I say find a vanos engine.

Comment

I have a non vanos harness and ecu with chip and a bunch of non vanos parts (maf,sensors ect) shoot me a pm if your interested

Comment

Late Bump!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X