Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slapdash Racing finishes first rally - Thanks

Hey,

Third time's the charm, but Slapdash Racing finally finished its first stage rally. After two attempts to conquer the rigors of the New England Forest Rally in 2011 and 2012, we finally made it through Black River Stages last weekend.

After much pre-event prep, the car was flawless and the only issue was a broken auxiliary light. Even after two accidental jumps, the car took the hits and kept on cruising through a pitch-black night of upstate New York and an entire day bombing through the woods.

No stage rally bid involves a single person. To that end, I would like offer heaps of thanks to Cage This (cagethis.com) owner Bill Doyle in Boston, who acted as my navigator AND crew chief despite being sick as a dog the whole weekend (keep an eye out for his new E30, as we wrecked his last October). Bill also fitted a "proven" skid plate only hours before the rally.

More heaps of thanks go to Jesse Whitsell, owner of Banchwerks (banchwerks.com), in Providence. Jesse welcomed me into his German car shop week after week with help, advice and encouragement and was influential in helping the car reach the finish line under its own power.

Many thanks go to R3V members Matt Albie, who swapped the water pump and timing belt in negative time only days before the rally; Tim Kninja, who tackled the second oil pan, radiator and other issues; Jim Levie, who always answers even the most mundane newbie questions; Payam Fahr, Kyle Dwyer, Justin Carven, of Greasecar (greasecar.com), for mounting last-minute tires, minutes before closing, and everyone else who lent support or a wrench or twenty over the last two years to help make this project a reality.

Of course, giant heaps of thanks to Wifey, for encouraging and supporting my nasty rally habit.

I'd also like to thank the Academy...

Seriously though, we had a great time, survived everything and can't wait to do the next one!

Cheers,

Kris

Owner/Driver
    Slapdash Racing
    slapdashracing.com
    www.slapdashracing.com

Congrats man, would love to do a rally in the future! Where are the pictures!

Comment

Congrats!

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Thanks guys!

Pics to follow...
        www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

Pics here, links to pics as well. Once on the link, Bill and I are in the first two sets. Also Steve Jackson's wicked 318!

www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

Working...
          X