Idaho Chat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gome123 View Post
    St1G... nice car... what are you plans for it?

Man I have not been on here for a while...

Plans

Comment

We really need to go on a drive at some point. I've been itching for a good drive. There are quite a few of us now.

gome123, artfoodbmw, bigwilly, boise, Cronopoulos, Mr.SpeedOrr, sixty6falcon, audiwark (soon I hope) and I.

Comment

Maybe I'll just show you guys a picture tomorrow.

Comment

Watching your Calypso thread Michael is making the wait unbearable. I just want to have one I can start wrenching on.

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

Also, I have officially been on R3v for over a year now, still no e30 :(

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

^Tis okay. I was without an e30 on r3v for a 3 year dryspell.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Maybe I'll just show you guys a picture tomorrow.
                Want!

Originally posted by audiwark View Post
                Watching your Calypso thread Michael is making the wait unbearable. I just want to have one I can start wrenching on.
                I've never had so much fun working on a car, I think because I want to get it back in pristine condition, and keep it for a life time. I'm sure you're going to have a hell of a build thread when you get one, at least I hope so.

Originally posted by audiwark View Post
                Also, I have officially been on R3v for over a year now, still no e30 :(
                Sell that VW of yours and get one!

Comment

ST1G... here is my bumper swapped car both front and rear. I am still unsure of the Volvo Lip. I may change out for a true iS lip. Next up is getting my Apex Arc-8's put on. That should be in the next month. Need to save a bit of $$ for tires. Will be selling my AC Schnitzer's if you know anyone interested.

Comment

Awesome bumper swap Gome, the Volvo lip doesn't look half bad either. I'm assuming Taurus side skirts too?

Also as a reminder there is a Cars & Coffee Event tomorrow, same place and time as usual facebook event
                    instagram

Comment

Originally posted by gome123 View Post
                      ST1G... here is my bumper swapped car both front and rear. I am still unsure of the Volvo Lip. I may change out for a true iS lip. Next up is getting my Apex Arc-8's put on. That should be in the next month. Need to save a bit of $$ for tires. Will be selling my AC Schnitzer's if you know anyone interested.

I might be interested. What are their specs?

Great swap, looks like you did it right.

Comment

@ willy thanks. yeah they are Taurus skirts. They came out better thank I thought they would. The Volvo lip looks ok. I just don't like how it lines up. It looks a bit off to me.
                        @ST1G that rear valance was more work than I thought. But I really like how it came out. The wheels are 15" x 7 et 26. They are in good condition. I saw in the wheels for sale someone selling the exact same set for $1k. That is crazy high.

Comment

Farbin, why are your neighbors so bad at driving? Every time I see a 6B, or 8B (any B plate for that matter) driving in Boise they are driving like an asshat. For some reason they are confused how the freeway works, or how to read street signs. Changing lanes in intersections, crossing solid white lines, stopping on train tracks, deciding after they are the first car in line at a light they want to turn left, changing lanes erectly just to change lanes back. The list really goes on and on.

Rant/

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                            Farbin, why are your neighbors so bad at driving? Every time I see a 6B, or 8B (any B plate for that matter) driving in Boise they are driving like an asshat. For some reason they are confused how the freeway works, or how to read street signs. Changing lanes in intersections, crossing solid white lines, stopping on train tracks, deciding after they are the first car in line at a light they want to turn left, changing lanes erectly just to change lanes back. The list really goes on and on.

Rant/

LOL, I live in 1B/4B/8B area, and everyone is a bumpkin. They are more accustomed to driving on unpaved country lanes, so they don't know how signals work. They are scared of The Big City as everyone here calls Boise Metro. Living in LA Metro is what prepared me for this place, had I not, I'd have been done for out here. It's even worse when there is white stuff on the ground. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think what you experience is like what people in Beverly Hills experienced when the Hillbillies came to town.

Comment

Seriously must be it. That and there are so many store here comparatively that when they see we have a Red Lobster they across four lanes to get there.

We do have the 3 largest cities by population here in the "metro" so I'm not surprised they are so confused. Medians are particularly confusing to them I've discovered.

Comment

I got my ass handed to me in a tube today. Went out on the Portneuf in Lava Hot Springs and took the wrong drop off and stuffed it into a swirrly pit of death.

Comment

Working...
                                X