No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ thats okay man. Sweet car though yeah?

Comment

It looks to be in good shape so that is cool. But personally I'm not a big fan. It came from one of those points in time where BMW was in an awkward styling stage.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

I love that

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          But I have E30 ones too :)
          Wrong part of the car. The part that is fucked up on mine is in the door frame. Not the door itself.
          -Andy

Comment

Okay, strange. My plates reinforce the mounting points of the door brake to prevent the metal from ripping.

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
              Wrong part of the car. The part that is fucked up on mine is in the door frame. Not the door itself.
              Same with mine on both cars. Only driver's side, though.

Toes, that's a good idea. Friend of mine with an E34 had the door brake rip completely out of the door on both sides. A reinforcement plate would've saved them. Oh well.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Mine got fucked up when i folded the door open to the fender with the bumper of my friends pickup. I was shitbomb fucking wasted when it happened. Pics in a thread i started after i did it. Title of thread is "i r3v'd my shit" i think. Lol, it tore the brake right out of the door and twisted the a pillar a little. New(ish) door still lines up ok. Just sits forward a little too much, but i have a solution for that at some point :/ im just a lazy fuck and really dont have the motivation to pull the door again.
                Last edited by dashboardmonkey; 11-24-2012, 01:41 AM.
                -Andy

Comment

I see the pics now, yeah that is shitty

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    :nice: you arent wasting any time.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well, drove down to Bend in my iX last night, got about 13 mpg the whole way, pretty lame. It's raining and I just got to the mountain. Wet, tired but, totally worth it. Driving home tonight, snow looks conditions look a lot better up north. Going riding at Crystal tomorrow. Other than getting 13 mpg the iX held up good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                        Well, drove down to Bend in my iX last night, got about 13 mpg the whole way, pretty lame. It's raining and I just got to the mountain. Wet, tired but, totally worth it. Driving home tonight, snow looks conditions look a lot better up north. Going riding at Crystal tomorrow. Other than getting 13 mpg the iX held up good.
                        Damn?! 13mpg...how and why?
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                          Holy balls. 13mpg?! Even my V8 E34 is getting better than that currently...something is definitely up.

Running rich at all? I'd check the DME and make sure it doesn't have some shitty aftermarket chip in it, too.

Comment

Yeah I'm kind leaning towards a DME fuck up at this point in time. Sure was fun going over Santiam pass last night at like 10 lol.

Comment

Definitely look into that sooner than later. I had an E28 a couple years ago with a similar issue that I ended up selling. Changed everything besides the DME. My guess was someone stuck a shitty chip in it. Oh well.

Comment

I'll probably do that Monday when I get home. This trip is a fucking fail, I'm sitting in the lodge, browsing r3v, waiting for it to stop raining.

Comment

Working...
                                X