Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Been collecting parts to build a 2.7i for a while now. I have a freshly rebuilt 885 head with some port work, seta pistons extra 2.7 bottom end, 274 cam, i harness fuel management etc. only thing I'm using off the b23 is the flywheel.

    All I need is ,b25 afm , gaskets, rings, bearings and seals.

    Anybody know much all this stuff is roughly going to run me? I need to get this thing together quick!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Is it a used exhaust system? Mmmmmaybe the engine it was bolted to prior puked a bunch of oil into it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Ryann View Post
        Is it a used exhaust system? Mmmmmaybe the engine it was bolted to prior puked a bunch of oil into it.
        Yeah it's used but the last engine it was bolted to was the one it's on now....


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          I've been told by a few people that my car smokes pretty bad when I downshift hard and under high Rpm's in general. I rape it, the po raped it, and it has unknown mileage over 300k I'm sure it's toast.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
            Anybody have one of those "My other car is an e30" stickers they'd like to gift me? I saw them at the picnic but didn't grab one
            I grabbed like 10, I dunno the next time ill be around tho

            91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

            Comment


              Seth just keep driving it lol it will just blow one day and be a good laugh

              Comment


                Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                Seth just keep driving it lol it will just blow one day and be a good laugh
                Yeah that will be hilarious....

                The sad thing is that it probably won't blow, but my tags expire tomorow and I'm pretty sure it's not going to pass emissions.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  Just buy a carbon filter from a grow shop before emissions and stuff it in your e30's muffler ...dotdot

                  Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Yeah that will be hilarious....

                  The sad thing is that it probably won't blow, but my tags expire tomorow and I'm pretty sure it's not going to pass emissions.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                    Just buy a carbon filter from a grow shop before emissions and stuff it in your e30's muffler ...dotdot
                    Shit, I have tons of activated carbon for fish tanks, will that actually work? I feel like it would just blow chunks of carbon out of my exhaust lol.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      I have a couple M20B25 AFMs. Twenny dorra
                      Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                      @autobahnmotorsport
                      '88 M5 | '88 535i | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 530i

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        I have a couple M20B25 AFMs. Twenny dorra
                        Add 1 to my pile.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          Seth just keep driving it lol it will just blow one day and be a good laugh

                          I was sideways when mine exploded. It WAS hilarious!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Habla View Post
                            I was sideways when mine exploded. It WAS hilarious!
                            sideways in an eta? ground must've been wet
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                            Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                            Originally posted by Melon
                            Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                            Comment


                              BMW drivers, quit embarrassing me:

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuqGrz-Y_Lc

                              Comment


                                As much as I'd like to say yes, I have absolutely no clue. In theory it should atleast help a little bit, if you packed it in a container correctly( like a 3/4 filled maraca) , it will barely have an affect on CFM, so back pressure isnt the worry, if you have a 2.5'' exhaust, find a small tube that holds a pound or 2 in the same diameter and an old muffler.

                                Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                Shit, I have tons of activated carbon for fish tanks, will that actually work? I feel like it would just blow chunks of carbon out of my exhaust lol.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by the imitator; 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X