PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It lives again!

just picked the car up from the exhaust shop, and they bled the brakes for me, so she's looking good for the Dyno day this Saturday. Anyone able to meet at my place and then follow me over "just in case..?"
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      Did your chip make that much of a difference?
      we will find out tonight. right now, its in my car and by in my car, i mean in the center console! :curse:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just finished blocking my hood out. I'll paint it today or tomorrow. Yippie

Comment

Fresh paint's gotta add, what, 3.438 HP, right? Looking good for the dyno day, eh, Keith?
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

installed the chip last night and the car wouldnt start. i pulled the ecu out two more times. the first time was to make sure everything was installed right, and noticed the chip was pushed down all the way. still no start, pulled the chip out and put the stock one in. looks like im going to drive to Portland to dyno a bone stock eta with 211k.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

You may have put the chip in upside down. Happened to me with my Mark D chip. First time it wasn't seated properly, so I reseated it. Still no start. Second time, I popped it out and turned it around and it started right up. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                Fresh paint's gotta add, what, 3.438 HP, right? Looking good for the dyno day, eh, Keith?
                It's Kirker semi-gloss enamel so 5.12765 hp gain. Reshaped the raised center section for moer aerodynamic fooraw.
                I'm out of town this weekend so no dyno day for me.

Comment

No dyno day?!?! BLASPHEMY.

Comment

I would dyno my car, but I'm not in the habit of paying $50 for someone to tell me my car is slow.
                    Originally posted by 5Toes
                    bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                        I would dyno my car, but I'm not in the habit of paying $50 for someone to tell me my car is slow.
                        I'll do it for free. J/k.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                          I'll do it for free. J/k.
                          Bahahahaha!

Comment

it was in the right way, notch lined up. i know the car is slow, but it will be baseline to see what the other mods i do improve.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Anyone want a 3G iPhone? Its for AT&T, black, 8 gig, and comes with case and cable. I have it on CL for 150 but ill let a R3V member have it for 120is. Or Ill trade for an IS lip or late model fog lights + cash.

Edit: Or even the 15mm drop hats that the guy used to sell.
                              Last edited by DrJosh; 10-20-2011, 01:14 PM.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Had an interesting issue with my car just now. Was parked on a hill at my shop, coming back with lunch. Shut the car off and put it in first (I don't trust my parking brake.) I noticed my clock reset itself when I turned the car off. Clicked the key to "on" position and the stereo was reset too. Shit. I eat and go back to the car to make a parts run. Won't start. No clicks, nothing. Opened the door and SLAMMED it HARD. Tried it again and it started.

Any ideas what could've happened? Sounds like a short to me but I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X