No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to do a car video. I've avoided it because it's obvious. But I would quit avoiding the obvious. Who has the best E30/E28 in Portland? Must be willing to let me fly a drone over your car, and plan on it taking an entire day, possibly two.

Comment

I'd also like to add to the shoot, the most respectable hood ride. That would make for a great shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
        As an adjuster for homeowners insurance, I can say that both processes work similarly in regards to the programs used for automotive, and homeowners insurance. I'll be honest, it's hard to be lazy as the adjuster; We can only do as much work as we are given in resources, to get you the best value possible. So if a homeowner has a total loss and neglects to have an itemized list, I have no choice but to base his/her losses off a computer program which gives an estimated cost for materials based off past build history and current costs by zip code, not including depreciation. (ie:buy tv in 2007, house burns down in 2014, tv is worth X amount to replace at the date of loss.) Basically if I am missing anything, the desk adjuster, or reviewer are going to kick it back to me. :D
        I didn't mean any offense; that was just poorly thought out. What I should have said is that adjusters are busy and they just want to get their work finished, like anyone else. I have a very good friend who just retired as an adjuster; I know it's a lot of work.
        In fact, I bought my motorcycle from that same adjuster friend and when I wrecked my 914 I was talking to my own insurance adjuster (really nice guy) and told him I was probably going to look for a four seater, maybe a BMW 2002. He talked me into looking at e30s instead. So I kind of have him to thank for my latest car.

Comment

No offense taken at all brotha, you're actually correct in a form; I did my home visits this morning, but now we are on the walk way in Venice eating kill food and writing the claims. Slept in a little late, so I rescheduled my early one at the home owners convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
            I'd also like to add to the shoot, the most respectable hood ride. That would make for a great shoot.
            If you wait a few weeks I may have something of interest to show you.
            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
            2010 Buell XB9SX
            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Is this your car?

Comment

So, hypothetical combination. Say you have an early model with euro bumpers and a late model front valence. I've people put late model valences on early models but, never seen that combo with euro bumpers.

Comment

euro bumpers are skinny, you need to trim the late model valance shorter for them to look good:

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Goatse is easier on the eyes than whatever that is.
                    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                    2010 Buell XB9SX
                    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I'm contemplating selling the iX...

I just feel I'm not getting what I want out of it. Probably going to fix some of the main issues on the car and part ways.
                      I just really want a car RWD e30, something I could put some track time on.

Comment

Talk to Stevo, he has like thirty shells these days.
                        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I don't want a shell, I want a runner. That's my issue with the iX. I want something to drive and upgrade as I go. Everything with the iX is such a massive undertaking everytime. Nothing is simple like the rwd e30's.

Comment

Shell was probably a strong word. I do think that he has three, 2/3 are runners I think, but not sure how they overlap with his rwd ones.

Or if you call Brad when the moon is at full crescent, he may have one for 30secs or so.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                              I'm contemplating selling the iX...

I just feel I'm not getting what I want out of it. Probably going to fix some of the main issues on the car and part ways.
                              I just really want a car RWD e30, something I could put some track time on.
                              Do it. iX are cool, but a RWD car is so much fun.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Speaking of Euro bumpers, I'm looking for a rear early euro bumper and mounts for cheap, condition isn't too important, as long as it is usable, and not totally trashed. Anyone got one?
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X