No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna step in and volunteer to make ONE thread for the rotating meets, time place etc.

Anyone have a problem with this?

It has gotten out of control. Trying to organize a meet in a different meets thread, etc. Way too confusing especially for people who don't attend on the regular. I can see why no one new comes out, they have no clue where to find us lol.
    - Greg
    α Team Founding Member
    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

I WANT TO SCREAM! I buy a battery, and start my car and, and the transmission doesnt want to do anything.

I put in 3.5 quarts of fluid, and the level is reading good.

UGH

Comment

who wants to grab a bite? downtown portland near Pioneer Place mall
        Transaction Feedback: -click here
        [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
        [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

I would if I could. But sadly I work in Vancouver. Who else works in the coove that wants to snag lunch together? No homo

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Do it gregolas.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
              I'm gonna step in and volunteer to make ONE thread for the rotating meets, time place etc.

Anyone have a problem with this?

It has gotten out of control. Trying to organize a meet in a different meets thread, etc. Way too confusing especially for people who don't attend on the regular. I can see why no one new comes out, they have no clue where to find us lol.
              Can we make it sticky?
              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
              2010 Buell XB9SX
              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Anyone running IE headers? I need to replace my exhaust manifold due to a leak. I would like to upgrade while I’m at it.

I do have a IE exhaust waiting to be installed but I’m just afraid that the combo will make my car too loud, it’s my daily.
                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                  Can we make it sticky?
                  Your mother.
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                    Can we make it sticky?
                    I will try to work with James on that...but it's up to him.
                    - Greg
                    α Team Founding Member
                    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      I WANT TO SCREAM! I buy a battery, and start my car and, and the transmission doesnt want to do anything.

UGH
                      It fired up but wont drive eh? One thing after another, sorry to hear that bro.

You release the Ebrake?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

What do you guys think about a BBQ/Party/Beer Pong Tourney for R3V bragging rights?

I'm thinking over memorial day weekend at my place.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

UGH
                          Did you bolt the torque converter to the flex plate?

Did you pre fill the torque converter when you installed it, how did you fill the transmission.

Comment

I prefilled the torque converter with roughly a wuart the first time I installed the tranny

When I pulled it off, I just let it sit there (didnt pull it off/out at all) as I put the new flywheel on). I bolted it tot he flex plate and the clearances seemed correct.. flex plate didnt really flex

The torque converter did spin very freely though when installed on the shaft. My friends Dad help me put it on, and he was a tech in the 70s for nearly 20 years

I replaced the filter and pan gasket, and cleaned all the hoses fittings and put them all on. I add 3.5 quarts of ATF and started the car and let it idle for awhile.

I then shut it off and checked the fluid level... it was right where it was supposed to be.

I installed the shift linkage correctly, (MAN that was a bitch to get that clip thing to line up), and yes the ebrake was off when I tried tod rive it

When I select a gear I dont hear that usual "thump" of the rear end taking the torque. Simply nothing happens

Comment

Have you ran it through each gear with the back wheels off the ground, do the wheels spin. After that check the fluid again.

Comment

Put the car on blocks, place a brick of C4 under it, hook it up to a kitchen timer and a 9volt battery and just walk away.

Seriously dude, part out your car and start over.

Comment

Working...
                                X