Jump on it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5Toes
    replied
    Clean early model dude

    Leave a comment:


  • cbouchez
    replied
    I just got an auto so... I have to get used to it now. Not happy about that but one day I'll do the swap to stick.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Well but Ive been drviving permitted for a year almost. And whenever we go somewhere, I am driving. I have driven likely 4000 miles in the past year

    Leave a comment:


  • Lance Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    Auto's can always be 3 pedal swapped in the future, and your dad probably wants you to start with an auto so you pay more attention to the road in early driving years.
    And I agree with this for the first 6 months to a year. You've got the rest of your life to drive a 5-speed.

    And agreed that if other family members need to use the car, then an auto certainly helps.

    I keep one auto 1990 325i 4-door in my E30 fleet. Somedays I just don't feel like shifting.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Yeah its not my problems its my parents. Maybe you should all blackmail them? Hahahahaha

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    If you start with an auto you are automatically a crappier driver IMO, If i was king everyone on the road would be required to drive a 5 speed. So people wouldnt drive with the brakes on all the time. Would probably fix up traffic because we would have 1/4 the drivers on the road lol

    /end rant

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Hey thanks for the portland car. I saw that yesterday.

    Its out of state though, and since I dont have my license it would be almost a family trip to go down and pick it up. Need atleast two licensed drivers to go with me.

    EJKNIGHT... I am very interested. I really want to stay under budget, but Ill see what I can do.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    I found you one in Portland. I'm waiting on pics. I believe it to be an automatic, so I will probably pass on it. However, if it's not, I'll probably buy it.

    If you'd like, I can go look at it for you. I'm sure you could offer less and see what he could do.

    When I emailed and asked about the tranny issues, he said "tranny knocks and vibrates on deceleration." If you want, I can copy and paste what the seller said in the email to you via PM.

    Anyway, here's the link. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2326166196.html

    Copied and pasted from CL ad:
    1987 BMW 325is e30 - $950 (Vancouver)

    Date: 2011-04-14, 10:18PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-su3qr-2326166196@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]



    Got a New Car - Project Must GO

    Runs - Drives Well - All power options work - Missing Passenger Seat
    Power Drain - Will require battery or a Jump.
    Needs transmission work - not immediate
    Tires are 60-70% on Real BBS wheels

    2.7L 6cyl AT LSD

    New Rotors & Pads


    Gets you from A-B in a BMW
    • Location: Vancouver
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests"

    Leave a comment:


  • ejnight
    replied
    I have a car for you. PM sent.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    But parts wise?
    M50 parts are cheap. E34s are still pretty simple too.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    But parts wise?

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    If you want an auto, get an e34. You can get them with an M50 for like $3-4k. Loads better than an auto e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Im just kind of a perfectionist.

    Leave a comment:


  • brutus87
    replied
    I cant wait for you to get a car already. Youre needier than all my past girlfriends combined hahahaha.
    Just poking fun at ya.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    750il? Never.

    Leave a comment:

Working...