This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwseattle View Post
    At the Picnic there was a late model cream-ish white (didn't look like alpinweiss II) IS with what looked like a Racing Dynamics rear spoiler, and a fairly large Stanceworks sticker on the top of the windshield, license plate DER E30.

Just wanted to say your car looks fucking awesome from the front! Looks great from all other angles too. I checked my rear view mirror like twice as often as I normally do just because I wanted to see it. It was fun cruising back to Seattle with you.

I also wanted to know what sort of bulbs you have in your fog lights, cause they look awesome.
    Thanks man! Yours looks awesome too! I don't think I've ever seen an e30 on the highway so that was awesome!
    Thier morimoto (retrofit source) 5ks
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      Thanks man! Yours looks awesome too! I don't think I've ever seen an e30 on the highway so that was awesome!
      Thier morimoto (retrofit source) 5ks
      Sweet! I'll have to check out those HIDs. I'm slightly inspired by your car and I'm now in the process of ordering a set of Euro grills and smoked turns, haha. Smilies in the future, probably. :p

Alpinweiss II 88 325is | M20 | 5 Lug Conversion
      --
      Kyle

Comment

kwseattle- Any chance I followed you home on Highway 11/Chuckanut after the picnic? A nice plastic bumper Alpine 325is with a WWU sticker in the rear window merged onto I-5 North in Mount Vernon, I came up behind in my black '89 325i and we both exited onto Highway 11. We passed a couple cars on the stretch between Bow Hill Road and the mountain, then I was behind the rest of the way thru the Chuckanuts and into Bellingham. You (or whoever it was) turned right onto Fairhaven Parkway and I continued straight toward downtown and home. Whoever it was, sweet ride :)!

Ahh, just noticed the M3 wheels- I remember your car at the picnic....

Comment

Originally posted by GOES211 View Post
          kwseattle- Any chance I followed you home on Highway 11/Chuckanut after the picnic? A nice plastic bumper Alpine 325is with a WWU sticker in the rear window merged onto I-5 North in Mount Vernon, I came up behind in my black '89 325i and we both exited onto Highway 11. We passed a couple cars on the stretch between Bow Hill Road and the mountain, then I was behind the rest of the way thru the Chuckanuts and into Bellingham. You (or whoever it was) turned right onto Fairhaven Parkway and I continued straight toward downtown and home. Whoever it was, sweet ride :)!

Ahh, just noticed the M3 wheels- I remember your car at the picnic....
          Hah, yeah that was me! I was super excited that I randomly found another e30 on I5 and then when you followed me on Chuckanut that was even better. Good times! And wow, that's a clean looking car, I wish my interior were that nice!

--
          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kwseattle View Post
            Hah, yeah that was me! I was super excited that I randomly found another e30 on I5 and then when you followed me on Chuckanut that was even better. Good times! And wow, that's a clean looking car, I wish my interior were that nice!
            And I was drooling over your 5 lug swap.

I'll be leading a drive from Mt Vernon to Ron Ager's Sunday at the Depot European car show at the Farmer's Market Sunday July 20. We'll be swinging thru Edison for baked goods then up Chuckanut then parade thru town to the show. I'll be posting info here and on the Puget Sound forum soon. You should join in if you're in town...

Oh and my first e30 was a tastily modified Alpinweiss II '89 325i :).

Comment

Late Model Alpine 318is across the hwy 2 Trestle and down I-5. thats the second time we've crossed paths...

2006 Subaru WRX
              1987 E30 Royalblau Metallic S52 OBDii
              1982 VW Westfalia 1.5d-gone

Comment

And I was drooling over your 5 lug swap.

I'll be leading a drive from Mt Vernon to Ron Ager's Sunday at the Depot European car show at the Farmer's Market Sunday July 20. We'll be swinging thru Edison for baked goods then up Chuckanut then parade thru town to the show. I'll be posting info here and on the Puget Sound forum soon. You should join in if you're in town...

Oh and my first e30 was a tastily modified Alpinweiss II '89 325i :).
                Haha, my car came with it! I'm still in the process of sorting it out, I need a few more poly bushings and I'm getting some H&R races this week. Unfortunately a lot things on my car were half-assed by the previous previous owner, and I got stuck with a partly sorted suspension and mismatched body panels galore. Believe it or not, it used to be a metal-bumpered 325 with an eta.

That sounds like fun, but I might be at Packwood for the autocross weekend that day! If not I'll totally join. I really should go to one of their events, they're the ones who saved my engine, plus I have a million more questions.

--
                Kyle

Comment

Saw a nice looking late model white e30 up at Artist Point on sunday with a 90s camaro and a wedge mr2. Digin the 5 lug and clean car overall. I was in the silver slocus ST
                  2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Dropped the Bimmer off at NW European this AM. Guess who I parked next to...

Comment

OK whose red vert full of people did I pass by on mercer island a few hours ago? That thing was mint!
                      -Peter
                      '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                      '91 318is slicktop project
                      '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                      '00 Tundra

Comment

Red m3 pulling into catz exotics Thursday last week in lynnwood

Comment

Dropped the Bimmer off at NW European this AM. Guess who I parked next to...
                          Was it me? I had my car there for a bad oil leak that was dripping onto my exhaust. I'd added 2 quarts since my last change, and then when I saw smoke after a spirited drive I almost immediately called them to schedule an appointment.

Turns out it was just the valve cover gasket, which was my fault for not torquing it properly... No more oil trails left behind!

--
                          Kyle

Comment

Saw a red slammed e30 in medina and a black 325is In bellevue

Comment

Passed an early model gray or silver car on 32nd St. in Anacortes around noon today, received a wave for a wave.

Comment

Alpine 325is lowered on wide bbs? Turning up 172 toward h9 in Arlington about two mins ago.
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X