Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good exhaust shop in PDX? Preferably eastside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have recommendations for a good exhaust shop in PDX? Preferably eastside.

My swap is getting closer to the end (fingers crossed) and I need the exhaust put together. One of the headers comes in contact with the subframe and I called around and most shops don't seem to want to mess with headers. It is also not running at the moment. My friend Curt helped me trailer it over to Sunnyside Automotive this afternoon because its the closest place but I'm not sure if I trust them. The guy told me my headers were regular steel, chrome plated. They are stainless. I held a magnet to them. I asked him if they can weld with stainless and he said no and stainless welds rust too anyways. Is that true? Anyways, before I make a decision on having them do the work I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a good place. ;)
    -Andy
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Canby Muffler. Well worth the (pleasant) drive if you can drop it off or spend the day or something. With a trailer, that should be doable.

I asked the same question back in July, search my threads if you want to find other suggestions. A couple guys had used Canby and said he did good inexpensive work, I was looking for just that and the guys came through. My headers did clear the subframe, but one of the banks' collectors needed to be cut and rewelded in a different orientation to clear the LCA mount. The welds looked good (I was able to go underneath), they have held up great, and he put it all together no problem in 1 day.

^ it's loud

I paid what he quoted me the day I dropped it off, very very reasonable. Don't go here if you're looking for show-quality, his piping isn't mandrel bent stainless, but it gets the job done. I had a rattle and he came in early on a Saturday to find it for me, never came back. Stainless is obviously weldable it just requires a certain wire feed and technique. paint it if you're worried about rust. So yea, my 2 cents.
    Last edited by butters; 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Try Rag mufflers on 17th and McLoughlin. I hear good things.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
      X