Roll Cage Pics (NEW PICS)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jpichu
    replied
    Originally posted by KEVORM
    I assume by FD you mean RX7s? This cage was built to SCCA IT specs, i forget the exact tubing diameter and thickness, i have it in an email somewhere i'll try and find it.

    in my case

    FD = Formula Drift

    just LMK Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • KEVORM
    replied
    I assume by FD you mean RX7s? This cage was built to SCCA IT specs, i forget the exact tubing diameter and thickness, i have it in an email somewhere i'll try and find it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jpichu
    replied
    Looks Really Good - Im been searching about FD Cages spec too, do you have any idea if this is almost the same, And what type of tube you guys used.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dussen
    replied
    Looking good. Can't wait to see more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    That's sweet dude!

    Leave a comment:


  • seatown88
    replied
    It's caged! Congrats kevin!

    Leave a comment:


  • LuckyHenriksen
    replied
    Very cool, I love to see cages being built

    Leave a comment:


  • KEVORM
    started a topic Roll Cage Pics (NEW PICS)

    Roll Cage Pics (NEW PICS)

    EDIT: Got the car back home, im really happy with it! Plus now rather than looking like a empty junker, it's looking more like a race car. Took some more pics too.


    So as probably about 3 of you know, im building a Pro3 car. I started with an 84' 325e, which i spent some time tearing apart and such in preparation for race mode. I decided my first large purchase would be a roll cage.

    Background:

    My uncle did a ton of SCCA Pro Solo 2 back in the day (if you remember a little yellow porsche, that won just about everything, you'll know who i'm talking about) and also was pit crue chief on a few professional racing teams. So i figured i'd ask him if there was anyone local he would recommend. He told me Dave Clark was the only man he would trust, so thats where i went.

    I had never met Dave, so we met up at his shop in Kent and quickly agreed upon a design that would work for my needs. Dave is big in the rally community, and has done some simply ridiculous cages for rally cars. I highly recommend a google search if you're into cage-porn (we are talking 30+ points). I figured if there is anyone you want building a cage it's a rally guy....they like to flip over.

    Here are a couple quick pictures i took today, he is just wrapping it up, only a front bar and a few touch ups to do.







    I'll be sure to take some more pictures when i get the car back home. Overall i couldn't be happier, Dave is incredibly good at what he does. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking to get some work done. He can be a little hard to get a hold of but if you leave a message he calls back within the day, or the next. If you're a true car guy he's got a million stories too.

    Let me know if there are any specific pic anyone wants and i'll take them.


    New Pictures: Didn't take the dash off but there is a dash bar, and Dave welded new tabs to mount the dash, which i dont have pictures of.

    Driver side view


    Close up of the "NASCAR" Bars


    Main Hoop


    Connecting to rear shock tower (Driver side)


    Harness bars and a bracket for a seat reinforcement


    Main hoop weld


    Upper main hoop (Rust is for lightness ;))


    Really tight fit


    Passenger side front hoop upright (Super tight)


    Another example of the fit
    Last edited by KEVORM; 11-20-2011, 11:25 AM. Reason: New Pictures
Working...