This car worth $4k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car worth $4k?

Hello everybody I'm new here and looking to pick up my first e30, I found a red 89 325i coupe with 114k original miles. Its in great shape for the most part just a few blemishes and a leaking valve cover gasket which looks like a 20 minute fix. Its seems fair to me for the money just kinda wanna verify before i bite the bullet. There is also a large stack of reciepts in the glove box for service that has been done like oil changes and the timing belt and such.

This is r3v, so: If you're selling, that magnificent Ultimate Driving Machine Chariot is worth $8000. If you're buying, that s-pile is barely worth two stacks. Hope that helps.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Can you get it for $3500? Sounds like a grandparent owned the car.
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

A few years ago people would say that price is insane, but the demand for clean e30s has gone up so much over the passed 5 years that 5-6k for a clean stocker is common

Comment

It is a grandparent car actually. And he is very set on $4,000 I've been trying to work on the price for a couple months now. The car is real clean for being 23.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.bennett View Post
            It is a grandparent car actually. And he is very set on $4,000 I've been trying to work on the price for a couple months now. The car is real clean for being 23.
            If the car has been driven by a grandparent, pay the $4k & enjoy it. My engine is from a Grandparent car & it looks great. These type of owners are the best all-around & really like to stay on top of maintenance. Welcome to R3v
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
              If the car has been driven by a grandparent, pay the $4k & enjoy it. My engine is from a Grandparent car & it looks great. These type of owners are the best all-around & really like to stay on top of maintenance. Welcome to R3v
              +1. I paid almost 4k for my stock vert.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

a car is only worth to u what you are willing to sell/buy it for. there are $1000 cars that need minimal work. you just have to go see alot of cars. and wait for the perfect one. you go look at a car. dont buy a car unless you are 100% excited about it. the night i bought my IX. i couldnt sleep. because i was so excited to just getup in the morning and drive it.
                1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                Originally posted by ak-
                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

I'm gonna pick it up monday night after work, the cars entire life has actually been older people, the guys that has it now is friends with the guy he bought it from and the guy that bought it new. It's been hiding in estacada for years

Comment

Very nice!
                    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Zinno is an awesome color. Looks clean.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

the pic doesn't really do it justice, it was a rainy day on a cell phone. If all goes to plan I'll be at that parts swap on the 3rd looking for a few little things. There appears to be a good group of e30 owners in this area, I can't wait to start tinkering with things

Comment

sounds like a nice snag. there's lots of relatively wealthy retired people hiding up there tooling away on whatever projects/hobbies/etc.
                          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Working...
                          X