Should I rescue a 318ic?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Twelvizm
    replied
    Rescue that shit!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jboss12
    replied
    Originally posted by mother_russia
    Don't EVER offer first..
    You never know.. These guys might think that the car's worth like a couple hundred bucks and give it to you dirt cheap...

    That's how I got my red 1990 325i sedan for $600 :)
    Agreed. Just talk to him about it for a bit and ask how much he wants for it. If he is selling it of course

    Leave a comment:


  • mother_russia
    replied
    Originally posted by Earendil
    It had crossed my mind that it's just a r3v dude with some m50 out back that he's going to "drop" in there "any day now".

    I'll go talk to them.

    Any idea what a well running NW 318i vert might sell for? Assume no water damage.
    Don't EVER offer first..
    You never know.. These guys might think that the car's worth like a couple hundred bucks and give it to you dirt cheap...

    That's how I got my red 1990 325i sedan for $600 :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    replied
    It had crossed my mind that it's just a r3v dude with some m50 out back that he's going to "drop" in there "any day now".

    I'll go talk to them.

    Any idea what a well running NW 318i vert might sell for? Assume no water damage.

    Leave a comment:


  • iSOregon
    replied
    i would at least talk to them. you might be surprised how cheaply you can pick up cars like that

    Leave a comment:


  • mother_russia
    replied
    A guy named Sid came to my door a couple days ago. Asked me if my e30 that sits outside is for sale, since it's been sitting there for the last month. Haha I've been collecting parts for it and finally just got them all! Anyways, me and this guy are cool now. Even made him join r3v! :)

    So, yeah, go and talk to them!

    Leave a comment:


  • AbeSonic
    replied
    I say yes if you can get it cheap enough. Poor little thing.. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm42
    replied
    I would rescue it no questions asked

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    started a topic Should I rescue a 318ic?

    Should I rescue a 318ic?

    3 blocks away from me sits a 318i convertible. All I can tell is that the paint looks awesome, but there is a hole in the back of the roof big enough for a basketball, and it's been like that for months. I don't need to tell the NW peeps what has fallen from the sky in the last few months. Also, there is an engine fan sitting on the hood.

    I keep finding myself taking the long way home just to see if anything has moved or changed. Nothing. She just sits there looking sad.

    I know nothing more, I just wanted to share my misery of watching a E30 slowly die. Maybe I'll get the guts up to go knock on the door to the house some time and ask about it. I'm not at all sure how sluggishly slow a 318ic is. I've always though a convertible E30 might make a nice summer car with the 325i shifting more towards track only use.

    Should I rescue it? Not that I have the money and more importantly the space, but...
Working...