No announcement yet.

hai guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, and never go to the restaurant up there.

worthless.

Comment

Go see the king tut exhibit at the seattle science center! It will be gone for another 40 years after it leaves seattle.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        i know i don't belong here but...i am trying to make a little road trip out to washington and oregon. i will be going in the winter, so sometime in december orearly january(will i need snow chains?).
        You will often need chains in the mountain passes, otherwise, no. Also, try to avoid coming when Seattle has snow, since the city will just shut down.

2. what are some great things to see while down in oregon and seattle?
        I heard the glass museum in Tacoma is pretty cool. Then there's the EMP along with the rest of Seattle Center (Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, etc). If you want to take some pictures of downtown Seattle skyline, Kerry Park, Gas Works Park and Alki Beach has some pretty good vantage points. If you are into airplanes, the Boeing wide-body factory is about 30 miles north of Seattle and they operate a tour and there is a Museum of Flight in South Seattle (unfortunately neither is free). Pike Place is kind of a cool market, but stuff there is overpriced.

3. i'm a big eater and love little eateries, so are there any food places that are renown for great food around there?
        Lots of good food in Seattle. What kind of stuff do you like to eat and what's your budget? There's a place with 50 cent oyster happy hours, or Beth's cafe (not good per se, but famous, and will give you a heart attack), Ezell's Chicken. I've heard great things about La Carte de Oaxaca along with Mezcaleria Oaxaca and Paseo's. There are more that I'm not remembering now. brutus87 (IIRC?) has a thread on here from like 8 months ago asking about good restaurants in Seattle. It's worth checking that thread out too for suggestions.

There are also quite a few fantastic breweries in the Seattle area. Some of them will have a tour, or will have a brewhouse/open their brewery up for people to go and have beer.

4. where can we meet up for some brooskis and shoot the shit?
        James has kind of said this already, but many of us in Seattle area meet every other week at least. We often meet during the "off" weeks at Dick's also, but attendance at that is a little spottier now. Keep an eye out for the Joey's and Dick's thread in PNW subforum when you come up or ping one of us.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Tips: AVOID anywhere near Seattle during the week around 6am and 4pm, especially I5....
        Ummm, no. Traffic can get bad, but not as bad as SoCal can get. Also, traffic jams depends on the direction and time, and only in certain areas, so what you said is hardly universal. Nice thing is traffic patterns are pretty consistent, so if you really want, I'm sure we can talk about traffic flow, but I doubt you'll need to worry about that much.
        1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
        2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
        1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          There is also ton's of Breweries (both large and small) as well as some great food places around Alberta, Mississippi, and the Pearl district. Stay away from Hawthorne unless you like your hippies smelly.

If you are a smelly hippie, then by all means go to Hawthorne. Then hit the Wellness Center (nude group bath's) further north on 33rd, or hit Bagbee Hot springs.
          .....I like the Hawthorne area. Also, agree LOTS of breweries to check out in both PDX and the Puget sound area. If you want to go into the woods possibly make an attempt up the Paradise at Mt Rainier. Probably pretty sketch if your planning on driving your slammed e30 up.

Comment

There's a troll somewhere in seatlle, a huge bridge troll. under a bridge.

Fremont troll I think it's call, its rediculous. and Cool.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Working...
            X