No announcement yet.

Input needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not Eric's, but I've seen it down there for years and wondered who it belonged to...
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
      That was the same situation at the Mercedes-Benz dealership in Wilsonville when Lithia bought it from Rasmussen. The dealership went down the hole and many techs and managers (including my father) left because they went in a bad direction. The new employees were shady characters that came in to replace the ones that left

Hopefully Lithia does better with BMW, but I was not at all satisfied with Lithia's business strategy. Not trying to be rude or hate, but I don't want to see them hurt the BMW business, I want to see our local dealership succeed
      I know exactly what you mean. All I can say is that our dealership is doing much better now, compared to a couple of months ago. Lots of big (positive) changes happening soon too.

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      I walk by there all the time on my way to the bus. Is that your white e30 in the area?
      Me? Negative. I have an Estoril Blue Z3M. That belongs to a co-worker of mine.
      M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        It's not Eric's, but I've seen it down there for years and wondered who it belonged to...
        Correct. One technician sold it to another technician who lives in Vancouver. Long story short, the original tech bought it back, and tech number two just picked up a red E34 which will soon become S52 powered. The S52 was going to be installed in the E30, but he needed something bigger (kids, wife, ect).
        M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Edev View Post
          Correct. One technician sold it to another technician who lives in Vancouver. Long story short, the original tech bought it back, and tech number two just picked up a red E34 which will soon become S52 powered. The S52 was going to be installed in the E30, but he needed something bigger (kids, wife, ect).
          I want an alpine car :( S52 E34 does sound like fun, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            I want an alpine car :( S52 E34 does sound like fun, too!
            The E30 owner won't sell it anytime soon haha. He was bummed that he sold it in the first place. Yeah the S52 has like 40k on it. Brand new everything. It's pretty.
            M Coupe

Comment

The E30 owner won't sell it anytime soon haha. He was bummed that he sold it in the first place. Yeah the S52 has like 40k on it. Brand new everything. It's pretty.
              :up:

Comment

Me? Negative. I have an Estoril Blue Z3M. That belongs to a co-worker of mine.
                I've seen yours parked on the street, too. It's nice looking.
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

BMW Portland has been supporting the BMW CCA Oregon Chapter with advertising in our newsletter as well as sponsoring Motorfest with cash and prizes/bringing down some cars to show/etc. Lithia hosted a new 3 series introduction for the club last March giving all a chance to drive the new cars. All good stuff.

Since you're asking Eric, how about supporting our Maryhill Loops event with a video. Get Loren in HD and John to capture and produce a video of the event similar to what they've done with the VW dealer and the Leavenworth drive. John did a video for Maryhill for free and did a great job but how cool would it be to have a BMW Portland sponsored video shot with Loren's rigs/quad copter, which you could use for promotion?

How about a M5 intro/hosted event this year?

We should talk more Eric, we have a new marketing director for the club and it would be good to get together and brainstorm.
                  sigpic
                  84 323i

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                    I've seen yours parked on the street, too. It's nice looking.
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by dahows View Post
                    BMW Portland has been supporting the BMW CCA Oregon Chapter with advertising in our newsletter as well as sponsoring Motorfest with cash and prizes/bringing down some cars to show/etc. Lithia hosted a new 3 series introduction for the club last March giving all a chance to drive the new cars. All good stuff.

Since you're asking Eric, how about supporting our Maryhill Loops event with a video. Get Loren in HD and John to capture and produce a video of the event similar to what they've done with the VW dealer and the Leavenworth drive. John did a video for Maryhill for free and did a great job but how cool would it be to have a BMW Portland sponsored video shot with Loren's rigs/quad copter, which you could use for promotion?

How about a M5 intro/hosted event this year?

We should talk more Eric, we have a new marketing director for the club and it would be good to get together and brainstorm.
                    All great ideas! On behalf of Motorfest, I was actually there last year. I brought over a Z3 M Coupe, Z4 M Coupe, 640i Gran Coupe and a brand new M6. I spoke on behalf of our dealership.

Funny you mention an M5 intro. I've been coming up with ideas to do just that. Great minds think alike I suppose.

I'll send you a PM soon. I see you're in Camas. Not too far away from me.

Lastly..marketing director. Is it Jon by chance?
                    M Coupe

Comment

Thank you!

All great ideas! On behalf of Motorfest, I was actually there last year. I brought over a Z3 M Coupe, Z4 M Coupe, 640i Gran Coupe and a brand new M6. I spoke on behalf of our dealership.
                      Yep, I remember chatting with you briefly

Funny you mention an M5 intro. I've been coming up with ideas to do just that. Great minds think alike I suppose.

I'll send you a PM soon. I see you're in Camas. Not too far away from me.

Lastly..marketing director. Is it Jon by chance?
                      Yes, great guy, good ideas and lots of energy.
                      sigpic
                      84 323i

Comment

Originally posted by dahows View Post
                        Yep, I remember chatting with you briefly

Yes, great guy, good ideas and lots of energy.
                        Agreed. He actually swings by my house every now and then. More so during the summer. Perfect guy for the job.
                        M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X