PRO3 Featured in E30 Performance Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO3 Featured in E30 Performance Guide

New book out about the E30 with a chapter on E30 Racing. PRO3 ended up being featured heavily in that chapter, and also show up in a couple other chapters of the book. Satch Carlson did a forward on the book, the author is Robert Bowen. Eagle eyes will also notice some shots from the E30 Picnic show up. Local E30 owner Christian Bouchez contributed a number of shots to the book.

Cost is $24.95 and the book is 144 pages. Full color. There is also an e-book option.

If you use the promo code "PRO3" you can get a 20% discount on the purchase price which would include any other books you wanted to purchase. The publisher has a couple of dozen BMW related books.

Here is a link to ordering info, and includes a link to a free PDF viewing of the Chapter 7 on E30 Racing.

My crappy cell phone sample shots:

Last edited by Lance Racing; 03-28-2013, 10:57 AM.
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Thanks for the heads up, Lance!
    -------------------------------------------------
    1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
    2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

That's pure love right there, that book is gonna be on my shelf.
      sigpic
      85 swartz/metallic 325E
      84 alpine 325E
      85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
      84 Bronzit 318i/sold
      purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

I was able to get an early copy of the book due to providing some of the content regarding the PRO3 series. The book does not replace the red Bentley manual for step-by-step repairs. But it does a good job of documenting the E30 history, popular maintenance and upgrades, engine swaps, etc.

It's a good book for any E30 enthusiast to pick up. For someone new to E30s and on a steep learning curve it would be worth every penny.

The photography in general is very good. Especially pictures that document procedures. To me, that is usually a weak point of these enthusiast books are the crappy photos.
        Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
        www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

very nice!! I'm buying one.
          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

That's awesome Lance.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Baller.

Wish you could buy the hardcopy and ebook in one, PRO3 discount is cool though :pimp:

Comment

Pretty good deal for everyone. I found 3 books including the e30 performance guide that I wanted. They sell more books, we get a discount.
                Loonatic

Comment

I no longer am a member of the BMW family (damn you, BMW, for not bringing the 320d to the USA), but I may still have to buy this as I'm still in extended (1 year now) mourning for selling my 318iS.

-D

Comment

Nice! In the cart.

I'm thinking about getting a couple more, I'm looking for an engine assembly bible. Would these guys be the ones to go with or does anyone have any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                    X