No announcement yet.

STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think it was a r3v member, unless magically they somehow knew where he lived, and where he stored his things, then stalked him. Its someone he knows im sure. It sucks regardless. We will still be keeping our eyes out

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
      Because of this I believe my build thread may be deleted
      This has pretty much convinced me not to put my car on the member car thread and mention the parts on it. The publicity is not worth the risk.

This whole thing disgusts me, as I could never imagine doing this to someone. I know according to Austin there was the wheels fs on Craiglist awhile back, with location being Camas area. I said this on Facebook but I'll keep my eye out for any cars around here that may have your parts on it or anything from Camas area on craigslists. These guys will get what's coming to them
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        I dont think it was a r3v member, unless magically they somehow knew where he lived, and where he stored his things, then stalked him. Its someone he knows im sure. It sucks regardless. We will still be keeping our eyes out
        They obviously saw his build thread or at least his Instagram or Facebook pictures and knew what the shit was worth. They went to the trouble of putting it back on 4 lug to roll away rather than leave it on blocks (and put another hood/trunk on, who the hell knows why?)

It's someone in the "community". This ain't some average tweaker. As far as to whether this person/people are members? Doubtful.

With that said, anything of value was taken. I seriously doubt it will show up for sale around here...I sure hope it does. The wheels were on craigslist for a few days. I sent the link to multiple people and had them contact the person who posted the ad to no avail.

This just fucking disgusts me.
        Attached Files
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Austin how accurate is the map for those ads? The picture shows the location being in the neighborhood where the high school is in Washougal. That's 10 minutes from me.
          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

If you don't put in your physical address, it goes based off the ZIP code you input.

Comment

For you guys worried about your build threads just an fyi your shit wasn't near worth what curts stuff was just fyi
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                If you don't put in your physical address, it goes based off the ZIP code you input.
                They wouldn't be that dumb, so then forget it. I was hoping maybe there was something

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                For you guys worried about your build threads just an fyi your shit wasn't near worth what curts stuff was just fyi
                I realize this, but I still hold a certain amount of distrust in the people in this world. Curt's unfortunate situation only reaffirmed that
                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Wait, car was spotted going east the day it was stolen in troutdale area, wheels are for sale in camas, they would have had to cross the bridge of the gods that day, can't somebody pull up the camera feed and see the truck(and plates) then locate the owner of the truck that was towing it????

Proabably already been thought of I'm sure.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is somehow getting CL to give out the IP address of the CL poster and tracing that back to where it was physically posted. Even that is sort of a shot in the dark.

Comment

Would they be able to get the IP from an ad that's past?
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Absolutely. It records every person's IP everytime they post.

Comment

I was no where insinuating that

However, it would deter me from posting up updates if and when I do get top-dollar mods/parts

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            (and put another hood/trunk on, who the hell knows why?)
                            My first thought? A person who took theirs off and did a straight swap. If that trunk is on the car, maybe grab the VIN and see what comes up? Not that half our cars have half the VIN numbers they should, but it's worth a shot.
                            -------------------------------------------------
                            1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                            2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by Earendil View Post
                              My first thought? A person who took theirs off and did a straight swap. If that trunk is on the car, maybe grab the VIN and see what comes up? Not that half our cars have half the VIN numbers they should, but it's worth a shot.
                              That is a good idea, it seems the suspension that was put on maybe from one vehicle because it is all bottle caps. If the VIN # on hood and trunk are from the same car then it can be easier to trace back where the parts came from and it would give people a place to start from.

Comment

FYI , it's the fact it is local, that's why folks are stating that.
                                I think it is quite known that the raw value of parts, not including labor is more than most of us can afford.

For the sake of curt though, if he's trying to drop it, let this thread die and if parts pop up then let the community know through PM's, and actions can be taken. Best we can do without being cops lol

Comment

Working...
                                X