STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gath View Post
    That is a good idea, it seems the suspension that was put on maybe from one vehicle because it is all bottle caps. If the VIN # on hood and trunk are from the same car then it can be easier to trace back where the parts came from and it would give people a place to start from.
    this is a good idea. vin check the parts and check with the police to see if the car comes up to anyone specific. that would at least point to someone who either owns it or sold it recently....

somewhere to start, Thats all.
    sigpic
    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Earendil View Post
      My first thought? A person who took theirs off and did a straight swap. If that trunk is on the car, maybe grab the VIN and see what comes up? Not that half our cars have half the VIN numbers they should, but it's worth a shot.
      Not a bad idea

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

For those of you saying it couldnt be someone on the forum(not saying it was), and they couldnt figure out where this guy lives/stores his cars.

You can easily get gps data from pictures taken with a smartphone. Unless of course you turn off geotagging, which most people dont.
        Last edited by markt51; 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM.
        89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
        91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
        83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
        89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
        89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
        87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

Comment

Getting the car back in this state just adds insult to injury. Just a fun fact guys, there are tons of e30 guys that aren't in the "community". Thieves are the worst kind of scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Wait, car was spotted going east the day it was stolen in troutdale area, wheels are for sale in camas, they would have had to cross the bridge of the gods that day, can't somebody pull up the camera feed and see the truck(and plates) then locate the owner of the truck that was towing it????

Proabably already been thought of I'm sure.
            Great idea, imo.

Another one would be posting missing or wanted posters around Washougal or Camas to see if anybody had seen the car over the last year. It's a small community out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
              Thieves are the worst kind of scum.
              It's true.

Comment

Anyone else thinking an engraver may be part of their next build?

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  I was just thinking simply paint marker everything with a number or something at the very least lol.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

If only because it would be sick to have my name on everything I kustom made it for the car, and would have a more hidden purpose of this...
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
                      Great idea, imo.

Another one would be posting missing or wanted posters around Washougal or Camas to see if anybody had seen the car over the last year. It's a small community out there.
                      Not a bad idea, as there is me and a few other guys out here in Camshougal, but there's a lot of places to easily hide a car out here. At this point, a year later, it's a shot in the dark though. Except it's up to Curt, he sounds ready to move on and find closure
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

They are all good and valiant ideas. Hindsight is always 20/20, and every path I have gone down during this process has left me empty handed and frustrated.

I'm still torn on if I even want the shell back. It would be a long, long time before I could bring it back even close to where it was, but for my kids I might... Just on principle.

I have a daughter that is almost 2 months old, a son that is 3, a wife and a house to finish. I really dont know if I can vest any more effort into this car. Time will tell, but Im trying not to get too wrapped up in it.

At least I know the fate of the car, it wasn't repainted and being driven, crushed, driven to the end of the world and left, or pushed into a lake somewhere. It is a form of closure in the least, I wont have the money or time to vest into another build like I did this one sadly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          I was just thinking simply paint marker everything with a number or something at the very least lol.
                          Google search "cop dots" more discreet, engraving/marking is nice but the second someone sees it, here comes the grinder!

Comment

True, "Microdot" identification or the likes, would be the most ideal labeling way I can also think of to help with recovery of stolen things.

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                              Not a bad idea, as there is me and a few other guys out here in Camshougal, but there's a lot of places to easily hide a car out here. At this point, a year later, it's a shot in the dark though. Except it's up to Curt, he sounds ready to move on and find closure
                              We out here. I could totally hide cars in my back yard and no one but my old man neighbor would know!
                              1999 M Coupe
                              2014 X1 xDrive35i
                              2000 P38A HSE
                              1989 Lachs 4 Door
                              Instagram: MCoupeKim

Comment

Originally posted by BK544E34 View Post
                                We out here. I could totally hide cars in my back yard and no one but my old man neighbor would know!
                                I couldn't even get a car into my backyard lol
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                                '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                                '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X