Leavenworth Cruise 2014, Where to pre-meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leavenworth Cruise 2014, Where to pre-meet

So for this years Leavenworth cruise I'm hoping to get a bigger group of cars together. Last year i unfortunately couldn't take my E30 over, and now this year i can't either, since I'm in my E34 now. But i still would like to meet up with some R3vr's for the cruise. So far the meeting place me and some friends have set is Brown Bear car wash on Broadway and 35th in Everett, more details to come as we get closer!

Also thought i'd just leave this here...

If anyone is less interested in the stancy parking lot pimping and traffic jammed drive of Leavenworth, then consider this:

"The drive should occupy a significant part of the experience. We will meet in Portland, Or. then travel, via Hwy 97, to Leavenworth, Wa.

The drive is along a beautiful stretch of landscape and roadway that roll and curve through higher-altitude rolling hills that progressively get more and more pointed until arriving at a Bavarian village. The village is surrounded by sharply-pitch rocky crags topped with a light coat of high-altitude snow powder.

To add to the atmosphere, the weekend we arrive coincides with the Annual Leavenworth Drive. This means the town will be flooded with european autos of all makes. This is a rare change to see so many older european cars, in daily running condition all the way to concours restorations.

The entirety of Leavenworth, WA is Bavarian-themed from the architecture to the food and beer.

So come along for the ride this year. As per every other year, photos and video will be taken. This footage will be submitted as part of the first-ever West Coast E21 Legion documentary.

Cheers, and I'll see you there. Jun, 13th Friday."

Comment

Kool! I'm local to Everett and I'd like to make the run to Leavenworth! Keep us posted...
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        Kool! I'm local to Everett and I'd like to make the run to Leavenworth! Keep us posted...
        Will do, sub to this thread and ill post further details in here once the time comes. Still not sure if we're gonna do the Bellevue part, but we might take a poll.

Comment

I should have my car ready to go, very excited for Leavenworth! I'm in.

Comment

The meet up at Bellevue CC is pretty much a stanceworks circle jerk of 18yo douchebags and their slutty GFs. You'll sepnd hours trying to get in, only to turn around again to leave and get stuck in a 3-hour traffic jam all the way to Leavenworth. Skip it and roll with the Portland crew.

Comment

Should roll North Cascades... Highway 20. Then I can feel how gutless my M42 is at a few thousand feet again (I did that the first weekend I owned her)
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I don't have FB access at work, so can somebody fill me in with the details on the Portland run? I'm not really into the whole stanced-out douchebag scene, and I'd rather run with some local PDX-area people.

Comment

I'm down to meet in Everett as well and skip Bellevue.

Comment

I have never done the Leavenworth drive and was wondering if the Portland caravan is still happening or if this is even a trip worth making. What's everyone's thoughts?
                    1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                    2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                    2003 X5 3.0

Comment

+1 always skip silly bellevue thing.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

It's a charity fundraising event, the BCC meeting point is where the donations are collected.
                        Chris
                        90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

It is so but I for one cannot deal with that parking lot meet, always a clusterfuck getting in and out, and don't feel like getting pulled over by association from all of the speeders in the pack.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

I'm interested in going with the Portland group. Where do people stay Friday-Sat nights on this trip ? Camping, Hotel, sleep in car ?
                            sigpic
                            PRO3 # 98, 90 325i Calipso 2 door, 98 323is, 74 Jensen Healey, and a few more...

Comment

Working...
                            X