three exhaust, manifolds back
    three ecu's
    two cts
    two afms
    both fuel pumps
    fuel filter
    All new vacuum hoses
    New cap to spark plugs

Anyone have any ideas why the motor has no power. Idles fine, revs to 1500 rpm.

Timing

Comment

Timing is spot on.

Also only 32 psi at fuel rail

Comment

Do a compression check. Inspect the plugs.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Maybe try testing the crank sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Maybe try testing the crank sensors

Comment

130 131 30 on the centers- not trusting those numbers because there is equal air pressure coming out on all cylinders. 136 137

Comment

hmmm this is a weird ecu problem

Comment

I cant even explain this-sometimes the ecu works-sometimes they dont. No revs. Need the best 325e guy out there-willing to pay to diagnosis. BMW Seattle and Car Tender give up
                  Last edited by robert1700; 04-11-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1700 View Post
                    I cant even explain this-sometimes the ecu works-sometimes they dont. No revs. Need the best 325e guy out there-willing to pay to diagnosis. BMW Seattle and Car Tender give up
                    if its ecu just go to pick n pull and toss one in your bag, they literally dont care, or find one on r3v for free.99.

If you dont know for sure have a 325e guy come and swap with you to see if it fixes it, there are plenty of them around.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

130 131 30 on the centers- not trusting those numbers because there is equal air pressure coming out on all cylinders. 136 137
                      Do you mean 130? or is that 30 really 30... if so, you might as well stop since you have a dead cylinder.

If they are all 13x- across the board, why would you not trust the numbers? Good engines are supposed to have equal compression.

Also, did you inspect the plugs? where they new, gunked, smelled like fuel or oily... They will tell you a lot right there.

You mean they are going to start charging you an arm and a leg, right? They arn't giving up... It just isn't financially wise for them, or you, to continue.

Curious as to why you think its the DME

I have a spare ETA DME you can barrow, possibly buy, if it fixes the issue. Send Andrew down to grab it.

-John

Comment

Just re-read, you have tried 3 other DMEs according to your first post. I would check fuel pressure at the rail. See if it drops when the engine speed increases.

Comment

Its weird, I take a running ecu out of jaxsons car mine wont start. Use that same ecu in jaxson car runs fine. Im going to swap a i intake and harness with 173 and see what happens

Comment

Doing a 885 head swap with 173. Update Monday

Comment

You're screwed Robert. That is the weirdest "glitch" I have seen. Are you buying beer tonight?

Comment

Working...
                              X