Odometer work needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer work needed

Anyone know of any shops in the Seattle area with experience with e30 odometer repair? I know that there are DIY solutions but I would rather have someone who has done this before mess with the cluster etc.

If it's not a DD then Greg at Bavarian Restoration does great cluster repair work, believe he's in Cali. I was going to have him go through my cluster. You can look up his site or he's also on the forum

'84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
      If it's not a DD then Greg at Bavarian Restoration does great cluster repair work, believe he's in Cali. I was going to have him go through my cluster. You can look up his site or he's also on the forum

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=40393
      Thanks for the reply. The e30 is my DD but I think that Greg sells rebuilt clusters
      with a core charge. I suppose I could buy a rebuilt one and install it myself. I just do not want to mess with all those tiny parts myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mark1991 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. The e30 is my DD but I think that Greg sells rebuilt clusters
        with a core charge. I suppose I could buy a rebuilt one and install it myself. I just do not want to mess with all those tiny parts myself.
        If you can do without your speedometer for a week then I can get your odometer fixed for you. The speedometer is easy to remove and the cluster will function normally, and charge the alternator without it.

I run the odometer on our test bench for a minimum of 20 miles to make sure the gears do not jam.

Otherwise, I get clients all the time that have amazing mechanics fails with the odometer gear set change. Or the gears will work for a short period and intermittently fail. We have huge experience with E30 odometer gears and offer a 3 year warranty on our work.

Shoot me a PM or email if interested.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

+1 I intent do send my //M cluster to Greg soon.
          Gabe
          '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
            If you can do without your speedometer for a week then I can get your odometer fixed for you. The speedometer is easy to remove and the cluster will function normally, and charge the alternator without it.

I run the odometer on our test bench for a minimum of 20 miles to make sure the gears do not jam.

Otherwise, I get clients all the time that have amazing mechanics fails with the odometer gear set change. Or the gears will work for a short period and intermittently fail. We have huge experience with E30 odometer gears and offer a 3 year warranty on our work.

Shoot me a PM or email if interested.

Consider me a future customer since mine needs work.
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Sounds good and we welcome all R3v members.
              Owner - Bavarian Restoration
              BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
              www.BavRest.com
              My Feedback Thread
              Our Facebook!
              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
              X