No announcement yet.

Bothell "Caffeine and Gasoline" - 4/30/2017 - 10am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wel have to do that again. I thought the drive was one of the best parts. And my car won't be running lean af this time so il be able to keep up ..smh

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
    Derek Stanelle
    Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

Well the weather is only going to get nicer. Once the iX gets some suspension and brake work done I'm down for a nice spirited drive. Personally I think it'd be fun to get a group of us together and do an HPDE with the club. Been meaning to do one for way too long.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yeah, should do some sort of event, maybe an Autocross or something fun like that!
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

If the event gets huge I'd say move it but it's pretty small and no one has been yelled at yet, have they?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

i was just pointed in this direction by hank. i'd love to join in the fun! i'm right down the street, so me & my bf would both be able to bring our e30's out to play. definitely in if it happens again this month!
            Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
            Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
            1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
            1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
            2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Auto cross would be awesome. Actually learn how to drive these cars without being hounded by cops

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
              Derek Stanelle
              Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Well the weather is only going to get nicer. Once the iX gets some suspension and brake work done I'm down for a nice spirited drive. Personally I think it'd be fun to get a group of us together and do an HPDE with the club. Been meaning to do one for way too long.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                all winter iv been wishing I had an IX
                Derek Stanelle
                Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

You're gonna have to drive a good distance to find any autocross. Bellingham/Packwood/bremerton are the only locations used any more.

It's overrated anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    You're gonna have to drive a good distance to find any autocross. Bellingham/Packwood/bremerton are the only locations used any more.

It's overrated anyway.
                    Doesn't Pacific Raceways have a road course that you can bring your own car to & have instructors teach you stuff? I thought they did once upon a time.

Comment

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
                      Doesn't Pacific Raceways have a road course that you can bring your own car to & have instructors teach you stuff? I thought they did once upon a time.
                      Of course, and we also have The Ridge, out in shelton which has driving days as well.

But autocross is boring after a while. You end up spending half a day standing around, fetching cones for about 3-4 minutes of actual driving time.

Comment

Road course yes, but not for autocross. Cost can be prohibitive for some when it comes to the HDPE days. Also BMWCCA and other clubs require a car control clinic prior to a track day as well as a inspection from an ASE shop.
                        Autocross has cheap entry fee and no pre-reqs's.
                        m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

Comment

I think Autox would be a great intro to certain dynamics of your car, but then doing actual road courses (I've always wanted to go to The Ridge!) would be much more beneficial for learning. Great idea! Now I just need to get my e30 back on the road...

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                            Personally I think it'd be fun to get a group of us together and do an HPDE with the club. Been meaning to do one for way too long.
                            Car control clinic first if you haven't taken it!

Originally posted by horse30 View Post
                            all winter iv been wishing I had an IX
                            I've got one for sale...

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            Also one in Shelton, but you are right, all are far away, and is the biggest reason why I don't do it more often.

Car clubs will rent out the track for HPDE days, but the on-site school at Pacific is ProFormance.

I think Autox would be a great intro to certain dynamics of your car, but then doing actual road courses (I've always wanted to go to The Ridge!) would be much more beneficial for learning. Great idea! Now I just need to get my e30 back on the road...
                            You can learn a ton in autocross, especially the fundamentals. Don't underestimate the value of it.

Either way, I highly encourage autocross for a low cost way to get started and dip your toes in to some performance driving.
                            1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                            2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                            1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

I think getting a group together to go to an even would be awesome. I'd be up for it
                              Derek Stanelle
                              Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

i'd be down too.

Comment

Working...
                                X