Welding class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding class?

Do any of you know where I could take a welding class anywhere near Bellevue, in the evenings?
    1991 349is (wadded up)
    1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
    2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
    2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

What kind of welding are you interested in learning? I have put on a few fabrication clinics for the 4x4 group I am apart of. It is probably best to find someone in an automotive community that can give you instruction that will help with the type of fab you intend to do. For example a professional industrial structural welder can be a badass at his craft, but stick welding 3/8-1" steel will not help you much if you need to mig weld sheet metal.

Comment

Hazard Factory offers welding classes, industrial arts instruction, private instruction, and team building events in Seattle, Wa. Home of the flame throwers and flaming tetherball!

I took the intro to welding and mig welding class. I had a good time and thought the instructor did a good job making it fun and informative. In the mig welding class he spent a good amount of time showing setup and repair of machines to help you diagnose problems and maybe help you save money by buying a mig welder that only needs minor parts.

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
        http://www.allmetalarts.org/

I took the intro to welding and mig welding class. I had a good time and thought the instructor did a good job making it fun and informative. In the mig welding class he spent a good amount of time showing setup and repair of machines to help you diagnose problems and maybe help you save money by buying a mig welder that only needs minor parts.
        Rusty is great. I learned MIG and TIG from him a few years ago. He's one of those guys you can stop in the shop, shoot the shit and walk away with some new skills just because he's always got something interesting to show and he's just a hands on kind of guy.

Highly recommend.
        1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
        1985 535is Zinno on Black
        1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
        1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
        1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Nice to know there are short classes out there. I'm feeling the need to learn as well. I just didn't want to go to a community college and spend 4 months to learn that you need to always were a mask.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I took a week long class with Norfolk Southern down in Georgia. It was pretty cool, managed to get certifications for horizontal, vertical, overhead, and pipe.

Basically he gave us a half a day of class time, then we welded for 8 hours a day for the rest of the week. Instructors would pop in to give us advice and tips.

My point is, welding is 15% theory, and 85% muscle memory.

For Mig around the house, just buy a cheap welder and practice. If you use flux core, never go backwards.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Everett Community college has welding classes
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Not Bellevue

We start clients with Metal Inert Gas welding, also known as M.I.G. welding or wire feed or GMAW. This is the easiest process to learn and use. It is versatile and straightforward and considerably easier to begin with than any other process. Please refer to the CLASS SCHEDULE for times dates.
                Steve
                '89 332i
                '90 M3
                '01 530is
                '12 MCS BW
                '15 RAM 3500

Comment

You guys rock. Thanks so much.
                  1991 349is (wadded up)
                  1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                  1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

Booked for Sunday at HazardFactory
                    1991 349is (wadded up)
                    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
                      http://www.allmetalarts.org/

Originally posted by E30 Memorial View Post
                      By the way, All Metal Arts and Hazard Factory are one in same.
                      1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                      1985 535is Zinno on Black
                      1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                      1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                      1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Working...
                      X